Chapter 2 : Destiny's Game

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Nora's POV -

This can't be true, No no my eyes are lying to me !!!

But wait there are so many Hans N. Andersons in this world, it's just a mere coincidence, Yes it's not Hans Nicholas Anderson.

I shut my eyes for a second or two, take a deep breath and calm myself, and when I open them, my heart skips a beat!

Oh heaven !!! It's freaking HANS NICHOLAS ANDERSON !!!

CEO of Anderson Enterprises is Hans himself !!?

His ocean blue eyes are as wide as mine, our eyes locked as soon as they meet each other, while the flashback film is playing in my head theatre, all I can think is...

What the hell is he doing in Chicago? Now I can't be here, I shouldn't be here, I need to get out of this place, or this city or this country, or maybe this planet !!! But I keep standing.

Last thing we would expect to see each other after freaking 2 years.

I keep standing for 5 minutes without even realising.

He motions me to sit, as our eye lock breaks and realisation hits us.

He grasps my CV.

I can see an anger in his eyes, a rage in his silence while his face remains pale.

And about me, paleness replaced the glow on my face, my expensive platinum face mask with yogurt and cucumber went into vain.

I thought I left past in the past, but seems like my destiny is playing Temple Run with me, no matter how fast and far I run, the monster is gonna chase me !!!

“ So Miss Noriana Williamson... ” He snaps interrupting my flashback movie.

Noriana... I had almost forgotten that there was a time when I was known as Noriana Williamson, although I had never fancied this name, but I'd be lying if I say I never adored the way he calls me Noriana, in his hard pitched British accent.

Stop it Nora! What are you even thinking, everything has changed and so have you, so just act oblivious as if you don't even know the ' P ' from Past, and for Lord's sake, smile! You're not at a funeral.

“ Why do you want this job? ” he continues which again brings a halt to my thoughts.

For money, isn't it obvious!

“ Well I have some goals in life, and a job could provide the essentials that I need to achieve them ” I reply in a roundabout way.

Confession No. 4 - I'm a bad liar.

He queries me with a few more questions, but none of us could focus on them.

And finally after 20 minutes, which were more like 20 years, I can go.

I slowly close the door as I step out of the room, and now I can't wait to blast, my heart's beating like someone's firing a maching gun, my hands are frozen, my goosebumps are still as sharp as thorns.

***

It's 8 in the evening, and I'm lying on my couch like a dead body.

Confession No. 5 - I feel much more comfortable on couches than my own bed.

For the very first time I have no mood to watch any rom-com.

“ How was your interview? ” Josie asks as she set foot in the apartment.

“ Don't even ask! ” I say frustratingly while lying on couch with Mr. Henry on top of me.

Back off you dirty head, Mr. Henry is my two feet tall Teddy Bear.

“ Let me guess, you spat coffee on the CEO like last time ? ” She giggles.

Ahh why does she always teases me for the only silly thing I did in my entire life !!!

“ That was not my fault, the person wasn't wearing gloves while making the coffee. ” I side glare her.

Confession No. 6 - I'm a Germophobe.

“ And what about when you spilled out all of your boss's affairs to his wife, as a result they are happily divorced now.” she cracks up.

Okay fine I sometimes do silly things but not intentionally !!!

Like who the hell does stupid things intentionally ?!!

“ How would have I known that the lady was his wife, I thought she was new in the office, so I was just warning her about the Boss's flirtatious nature. ” I reply in annoyance.

I always say the right thing, but the situation is always wrong!

“ Did you make something for dinner? ” she asks putting her hand on her tummy.

“ There are tacos in the fridge ” I cover face with cushion “ I've lost my appetite ” I mumble.

She removes her jacket and advances toward the fridge.

And I hear my cell rings up, its some anonymous number, I swipe the green option and say " Hello, you're talking to Nora Williamson "

It was my Appointment Confirmation Call !!!

“ Okay yes, I will check all details in the mail, thank you ” I bid and they end the call.

I stand up on the couch and yell “ I'm appointed as The Assistant of CEO of Anderson Enterprises ”

“ Wow that's great, congratulations Nora ” Josie exclaims and hugs me pinning my arms.

She looks so happy and excited for me, while I'm crying inside, I finally got a job, but in his company !!!

I can't do this, I can't face his face daily and as my Boss...NEVER !!!

❤❤❤