Chapter 20 : Silly Nerd

“ Our past is unforgettable. Now I see flashbacks of our memories in an hourglass. ”

~ 14th of October, 2016 ~

Hans Pov -

“ Were you really mute the whole way or do I have Nerd-unhearibility ? ” I ask with most sexy accent of mine, showing off my jawline. It's so hard to impress this girl, she is bloody hell boring.

Why doesn't she talk? Here I'm trying to have some conversation and she is being the dumb arse. Oh Lord, is she finally smiling? I always knew I'm hilarious but making this feeling-less bibliophile smile felt no less than a certificate for the same.

“ You just made that up, didn't you? ”

Bollock, and she can speak too. I really started to believe that she can't speak. But her voice is remarkable not to mention. “ Yes, with utter pride. And congratulations, you can speak. ”

Now her small smile turns into a noticeable grin, infectious grin, corrections. Guess, she's not as snobbish as I reckoned.

“ Thanks, mate. ” I tell Harvy as she serves my tea and a cup of coffee for this blonde wavy haired girl in grey oversized sweatshirt and black pleated skirt.

No can believe from her looks that she's the only daughter of The David Williamson, England's most famous and rich businessman and industrialist.

“ Hey Nerd, you haven't told me your name yet. Why don't you tell me something about yourself. And I also wanted to say that-- ” before I could manage to speak a word further, she spills out her coffee. Few drops splash on me too.

--that the coffee is still hot.

“ Son of a Bi--” she screams

“ Language Nerd! ” I blurt in an obvious reflex. The whole crowd of coffee house go silent. Not that it's a slang foreign to me but it's shocking to hear it from someone who is a girl of principles, always holding fast to her etiquettes, and as shy as an Indian bride.

She was mute since the second we met, her maximum response to any of my sentence was just a nod, so I'm still gobsmacked would be an understatement.

“ Did I just? Oh heavens, I-I am so sorry. I'll clean this. ” she stutters as  her cheeks get tinted with dark shade of red due to the embarrassment while I bite my lips to control my laugh.

~ Back to Present ~

I hate flashbacks.

I avert my gaze from the girl's face who is still struggling with the chilli in her mouth and gaze set on me only. I can bet she's having the same flashback in her head.

After almost five minutes of the awkward silence, she opens her mouth to say, “ Can we exchange our orders? ”

I look up at her to find her making the best puppy face ever. If I were the same Hans I used to be two years ago, I would've given all my food to her in a heartbeat but this Hans can't help with his sarcasm.

“ If I'm not missing something, a few moments back, someone said ‘ Don't think I would share my food, even if you beg. ’ ” I mimic her.

“ Exchange the orders or I'll have to order something else for myself and you'll have to wait for 30 minutes more. ” she leans her back on the chair and crosses her arms against her chest.