|| Epilogue ||

❁ Five Years Later ❁

Amber's POV -

“ Momma, I really don't like how you tie my hair. I look like a baby. Everyone tease me at school saying I have a tree on my head. ” I complain to momma. I just don't understand why parents these days are so boring and old-fashioned.

“ Well, you look adorable, honey. ” of course, she would say that. She thinks I'm dumb and I can't understand that she's lying to me. She thinks I'm still a little kid.

I turned frigging five this year. I'm a big girl.

“ What time is it? ” she asks.

“ It's seven dot dot fifteen. ” I look at my barbie watch and tell. See, I know how to read time.

“ Hans, what are you doing? Amber is getting late. You know it's your turn to drop her school today. ”, momma shouts from my room while doing my braid. Dad really takes a lot of time to get ready, “ Dad, I'm getting late. ”

“ I know, I know. And I'm here, ladies. ” dad finally walks in and kisses me and momma. Yes, now I will complain about her to dad, “ Dad, ask momma to learn better ways to tie my hair. This woman just doesn't listen to me. ”

I know my last sentence would make momma angry and dad laugh. I like how I sometimes accompany dad to tease momma. Dad is my best crime partner and momma is the cop.

I mean, she's not always strict. Since dad is mostly very busy and hates shopping, he says he gets very bored. Momma takes me shopping and she helps me with my homework, even though she's also very busy.

Sometimes while talking to me She acts like a kid herself. She talks to me in different voices, the cute one, the strict one, and the best, chipmunk one.

But I just hate it she doesn't let me eat ice cream saying I'll catch cold.

And you know a secret about her? She has a lot of names. Dad calls her Noriana. Aunt Joe sometimes call her Nora and sometimes Nore. And some people call her Scarlet Snow.

While I just have two names Amber and Bear.

Last month, we had a big fat party because she sold one million copies of her book. A lot of media and people in shiny clothes were there. They say she writes stories, but I've never seen any of her stories in my books that we study in school. Perhaps, she's not that famous.

“ Fine, I'll watch some hairstyle YouTube videos later. ” she lies once again. I know she will not watch any videos.

“ Bear, you ready? ” dads asks taking my glittery blue frozen backpack.

“ Yes, dad. ” I look myself in the mirror for the last time, because looking again will not make my hair look any better. Holding dad's index finger, because his hand is too big, I walk out of the room.

“ Amber. ” momma calls from behind. Oh, I just hope it is not I think it is. “ You forgot your notebook. ”

Oh no.

“ I don't need it. ” I tell.

“ Sure, you do. Miss Fitzgerald will check your homework today. ” ahh why does she check my school diary everyday! “ She's on leave today. ” I lie.

“ Amber Josette Anderson. Are you hiding something, young lady? ” she bends down on her knees and looks straight at me. I have to tell her now.

“ There's a boy in my class, he teases me and calls me a nerd because I do all my homework and the teacher never scolds me. ” oh how embarrassing! I'm going to cry now.