Chapter 39 : Drill Machine

If only one could tell from someone's face what they've been through. The world would be a different place.

Hans' POV -

" And that's how my birthday spent, in the fear of my parents getting divorced, and I will have to choose one of them, probably the worst nightmare of a kid. "

" People say they would've been seperated years ago, they are together just for me."

Ah almost every other family's story. No money, problem. A lot of money, problem.

But this girl did not have the childhood I had expected. I never knew about the things she had been through, when I met her. I thought she was a snob, who doesn't like to talk to everybody.

" Diary, I'm on non speaking terms with God, so you tell him that I will never talk to him ever again if he doesn't give my momma back, he can take away all my toys or anything he wants but he just can't take her away! Momma introduced him to me. "

" No Momma, No God! "

That's what made her lose her faith in God!

She was just thirteen when she lost her real mother. And here I thought she can't understand the pain of losing your parents. They say you can buy anything by money. Apparently, you can't bring back a person from death by money.

" It's not been a week since Momma's funeral and Daddy has already moved on, he literally brought a new wife. "

Everytime I asked her about her not-so-good relationship with her father, she always said he never gave her enough time. But the real reason was David's second marriage with Cara Williamson.

Jesus, I feel bad for her.

Flipping a few more pages, I read more. The part where she has mentioned about me. Bloody hell, I thought she hated me when we first met. But her diary is telling a whole counter story.

" Hans is the best person I've ever met. "

" Everytime I face him, my mouth goes shut and I can't help blushing."

" I'm still dreaming the same dream, of becoming a famous author, but now I want Hans to be by side when I'll receive The Booker Prize. "

" Hans is the only thing that motivates me to wake up every morning and get out of my bed. "

Bollock! I teased her by saying that she had a big crush on me, but I had never known she liked me this much. She was literally drooling for me since our first meet.

" Hello, I'm Noriana Anderson. I got married. Yayyyyyyy. "

Ahaha, my Silly Nerd.

" Hans is my lucky charm."

God, am I reading it correctly? She called me her lucky charm. I mean, the way she looks at me now, I can't even imagine her saying these sweet words to me. Noriana 2.0 actually hates me quite a lot. Although after reading all this, even a fool can tell that she really loved me, at least at that point of time.

But then what happened? Why did she leave me?

" I'm quite nervous. I don't know how to act like a wife. I mean, all the jobs a wife does. You know, Hans is a better cook than me. But I'll try to make breakfast today. "

Oh yeah, I remember. I remember that day. Fist day after our alliance, she was very awkward. She was blushing as if it was the first time we were meeting. And that breakfast, not going to lie, I've had better, but the way she was blushing and hoping for me to say something nice. Her adorable face made me want to tell her that she was the best cook on the planet.