Chapter 23 : Promises

Why should he apologize for being a monster? Has anyone ever apologized for turning him into one. ❁

Hans' POV -

“ I don't care if you have to stay all night, I want all the reports on this table before you leave this building.” I declare as Noriana moves ahead to the exit of my cabin.

Who the hell she think she is? She first made me wait for her yesterday till she finishes her meal and then just left like that. I'm not her bloody hell driver!

That was not done Noriana Williamson!

I know it's impossible to complete all those reports within the given time but she needs to be punished, that's what she deserves. She better understand that I'll not have any sort of mercy on her.

I take the I pad which she left on the table to have a look over my schedule and a sigh escapes my mouth,yet another hectic day.

Let's make it a productive one.

***

I glance at my apple watch which tells it's quarter past 5 in the evening and I just returned to my office after a usual tiring. I first had a meeting with the advertising company, then a meeting with Tatiana Roman to discuss a few ideas about the collaboration.

Then I went to visit the construction site whose neighborhood stall owners are the most stubborn and annoying humans on earth. After that I attended the meeting with an Asian company and finally cracked the deal after trying for a month, that's gonna be very beneficial for Anderson Enterprises, and then...

“ Excuse me sir. ” Emma says breaking my thoughts as she halfway opens my cabin's door, “ Sir, we have just received the photos of our new branch, would you like to have a look. ”

“ Yea yea please place them on the table. ” I order as I avert my gaze back to my computer screen while she leaves immediately after placing an envelope on the table.

I open the envelope in fuss to see my new Darling i.e. our new branch of Anderson Enterprises in New York. It's like a dream come true. I have always wanted to have a branch in the city of New York but never thought I would make it happen.

I look at the photos with a constant smile. After admiring the photos of our new branch office, I turn my focus back to my computer.

“ Sir, the reports are done. ” a voice strikes my ears. I look up in the direction of that voice to find Noriana with a bunch of papers in her hand, her face looks so dull which seems foreign to the personality of Noriana 2.0.

I mean back in Manchester she used to be so quiet and serious but since I've met her here in Chicago, she's always elated and enthusiastic with a constant glow on her face.

Is something wrong with her?

I notice her wobble as she leaves the cabin, and my sixth sense tells me something is wrong. Is it because I gave her too much work?

My heart starts a debate with my head about should I go after her or not, and eventually the heart wins.

I get up from my seat and approach the exit to find her nowhere, she has left already. Without thinking for a second I call my driver to bring the car.

I sneak out of the window of my car as I sit inside with my eyes looking for a girl with caramel brown hair, grey shirt with black pencil skirt, it's quite cold outside.

There she is.

“ Stop the car.” I command the driver as my eyes finally find her. Why has she stopped walking. Something's wrong. Now she's extending her hand in attempt to grab the pole.