Chapter 43 : I'm going too

We understand death only after it has placed its hand on someone we love.

Hans' POV-

" What did you do to her? You said she'd be safe with you, didn't you? " Josie Taylor crashes into the hospital corridor and grabs my collar. Her blood is literally fuming and the wrath is simply reflecting on her face.

My jaw clenches, I can't hear a single word she says. I can't feel her grabbing my collar. All I think of, is Noriana, inside the operation theatre.

I stand there like a dead body. I can't get the scene, where Noriana was screaming and groaning in pain, out of my head. She was hurting, I knew it, I was right beside her, yet I couldn't help her.

Oh Jesus, what did I do? I should have never taken her to Manchester.

My heart skips a beat when the door of OT opens, and the doctor walks out, " Nora Williamson? "

" Yes. " Liam, Josie and I say in unison.

" I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Her condition is critical. The tumor is exerting extreme pressure on medulla oblongata. We're preparing her for the operation. " the doctor tells, and looks over at the couple beside me, " Dr. Harrington, right? "

" Yes. " Liam nods and gestures towards Josie, " And this is Dr. Josie Taylor. "

" Can you both please come to my cabin. " the doctor says.

" Sure. "

" The acoustic neuroma needs to be removed from her cranial nerves that is causing the..." The doctor apprises as Liam and Josie follow him to the cabin, whereas I keep standing like a clown. I try to eavesdrop but their conversation is inaudible to me.

A few minutes later, while Liam is still inside the cabin, Josie steps out. She immediately grabs the first seat she could see, and sits down holding her head.

" Hey, what do they say? " I ask as I walk over to her. Bending down on my knees. She doesn't reply. Instead, covers her face and sobs. " Hey, Josie, don't do this. Please tell me what did they say or I'll die. "

She looks down at me, through her red eyes, " You don't need to. It wasn't your fault. You're clean. Now go ahead. Celebrate your victory. "

" What do you mean? " I ask, not being able to understand her.

" It was her destiny to be here. There's a tumor in her head. If not today, then tomorrow. It had to happen. " she weeps.

Ridiculous. I don't believe in destiny. I don't believe that some stupid tumor can take Noriana away from me.

" There must be a way, right? There has to be. " I gasp.

" No. Tumor is already on the advanced stage. There's no way she could... " she stands up. Covering her mouth with her palm, she walks away. And Liam who, I don't know when came out of the room, follows her.

Bullshit. Impossible.

There has to be a way.

This can't be it.

I bring out my phone from my pocket, to make some calls. I will get her world's best neuro surgeon.

I will keep my promise. She will live.

Bloody hell. Why is here no network? I rush outside in search for network. Just as I walk out of the building, I find Josie Taylor and Liam Harrington chattering.

" I think you should tell him. He could actually help. " says Liam.

I know he's talking about me.