Chapter 41 : I wish I was

The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and feels even better to come back.

Nora's POV -

Rubbing my eyes, I wake up on the backseat of an SUV. The last thing I remember is sitting on a private jet, and then I don't remember when I fell asleep.

As I adjust my eyes with the light, I feel different. This smell, it's different but I recognize it.

" You've gotta be kidding me. " I flinch as I gaze at the outside world through the window. The view literally hits me like a shotgun. This is Manchester. The city I grew up in. But why am I here? Why has Hans brought me here?

" Oh you're up? Good Morning, love. " he greets while holding the steering in the front.

" Hans, turn the car right here. I don't want to be in this city a minute further. " I shout.

" Not everything that happens is what you want. Sometimes, it's what you need. " he accelerates the car.

" You can leave the philosophy part for me. I know what I need. And this is not-- " before letting me complete, he cuts me off, " Love, you don't know a lot of things that you need to know. "

Rolling my eyes, I decide not to argue any further.

I don't understand this man. If he wants to tell me something, then why not just say it?

Instead, I decide to continue gazing out of the window. Being here again somehow gives my soul a strange satisfaction. With every turn, my brain recalls a different memory. This city used to my home once. Now, it's all nostalgia.

I don't even realise when Hans pulled over, until he himself opens the door for me. I step out to find myself in front of a giant building complex. " Where am I? I don't even know this place. "

He says nothing, just grabs my wrist dragging me inside of the big building. The security guard, the receptionist, and few other people, that suppose work here, greet Hans with a 'Good Morning'.

Is this another branch of Anderson Enterprises?

No, the name on the building front said, Opulent Jewels. I don't think Hans owns a jewels company.

" Don't tell Rebecca I'm here. " he orders to the man sitting at the reception.

No. No. This...this can't be that Rebecca.

" Hans, leave my hand. " I use my other hand to loose his grip on my wrist, but he makes it even firm. Walking through the elegantly interior designed Hall, he storms inside someone's cabin.

" M.D. Rebecca White. " the name plate on the cabin's door reads.

Of course, Rebecca freaking White.

I was an idiot to agree with Hans and let him take the advantage to help me get a heart attack. Three years ago, I had already seen so much. I might not be able to handle it again.

As we walk in, more precisely, Hans walks in and I'm being dragged, I see Rebecca White and one stranger man. As soon as her eye lands on me, I'd be understating if I say, she's gobsmacked.

Even, I wasn't this much shocked when I learnt that Hans brought me here. As though she saw someone rose up from the dead. She probably believed that I was dead. Apparently, I'm not. At least, not yet.

" Hans, where have you been, mate? It's been like ages. We missed you. " the other man, walks over to us and hugs Hans. His hand still holding mine. Rebecca stilling glaring at me. Perhaps, wondering if I'm real or her hallucination.