Chapter 44 : Hate that woman

Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes.

Three months later  ❁

Hans' POV-

I again fell asleep on my sofa while working till late last night. It has become an an everyday thing of mine. Standing on my feet, stretching out my muscles, I take a long sigh.

Walking over to the open kitchen area, I pour the hot water into the cup, I make tea for myself. Morning doesn't feel like morning until I have my tea.

It's been two months since the day Noriana and I came back from Manchester, and my life just turned upside down.

No, I don't even want to think about it.

Lately, I have started to make breakfast by myself. Noriana always liked the breakfast I made. A full pan omelette packed with sausages, bacon and tomatoes. And a radicchio salad with a light olive and apple vinegar dressing as the companion.

Putting it on a huge tray, I order Charlie to bring it to my room. I have started to eat breakfast in my room only. As I already said, a lot of things have changed.

Folding the drapes of my room, I let the sunshine fall on my sunshine. A bright smile acquires my face and I say, “ Rise and shine, sunshine. ”

“ Hans, it's just eight, just 15 minutes more. ” my wife says, and I let out a chuckle. This has also become an everyday thing.

“ You really want to make this omelette waiting? I made it by myself. ” I pout, and she groans. She knows I'm not going to give up that easily, and neither is she.

Of course, Noriana is the sleepiest girl on the planet. 

After her surgery, I like to be very careful about what she eats, what she does. Basically, everything that involves her. Even if the doctor has told her to eat healthy, I don't want her to compromise in taste. So, I try to make the tastiest breakfast for her by myself.

And she's still sleeping.

I know what to do.

“ He pressed his lips against the skin of her forehead, allowing her cover herself in his embrace. And that's how he declared himself to be hers, and hers only, forevermore. ”, picking out a Scarlet Snow's book from her bookshelf, I read a few lines.

“ You're so annoying. ” she curses while snatching the book from my hand. She gets really possessive when I touch her books, especially the Scarlet Snow's one. I still haven't figured out what is so special in this author. However, she finally sits on her back, rubbing her eyes and ruffling through her soft hairs.

“ No, you're stubborn. ” I spit out a fact.

“ Listen, Josie is coming today, so you can attend office. ” she tells. I have been working from home since after her surgery. Somedays, when Josie can manage offs, she comes here to take care of Noriana.

Of course, Sarah, the nurse is 24/7 with Noriana, but when I'm with her, Sarah stays in the room just adjacent to this one. I like a little privacy when I'm admiring my wife while she's sleeping for God's sake.

I don't want to take any risks but I also don't want her to feel alone, neither does Josie. The world knows Noriana would never ask the nurse, a stranger, for something even if she really needs it.

And to be completely honest, I don't really trust people easily, so I want someone close to her be always around her. And despite of how much I don't like her weird, arrogant, ill-mannered friend Josie Taylor. She's trustable.