Chapter: 44

"Countess Claymore sued the Baron Roseville for defamation and breach of contract, Your Highness"

Dion dispiritedly reported to the Prince of the newest submitted document at the Azure Imperial Court, issues among nobles couldn't be taken lightly and the lawsuit against or between nobles will be solved by the highest law institutions in the Empire, the Imperial Court.

"Baron Roseville?"

"Apparently, Baron Roseville signed a contract with Countess Claymore to marry his 4th son to her, but his son disappeared right before the wedding day that also served as the Young Master's 20th birthday"

"Urgh..."

Rex groaned as he massages his temple listening to the report, he just realized the reason why his fiancee asked Nine to deliver the letter before the young master's 20th birthday.

That groom would definitely escape to another empire to avoid his wedding, and most likely to the Crimson Empire, the hometown of his birth mother where the flame-like hair and apricot eyes are considered the common color of their citizens, making it harder to search for him in that Western continent if Nine was belated even a little.

'Why didn't I realized that she is not the type of person who did something without a reason'

Sighed inwardly, Rex regretted his past self that didn't ask Grizel anything behind the deadline for delivering her letter, he thought it was just her way to tease Nine and scare him.

If only he knows it in advance, he could prepare for the Imperial Court beforehand.

"Our Imperial Court uphold fairness, when the requirements are completed, we have no choice but to hold a litigation"

He said to his messy assistant that looks more like a beggar than the Crown Prince's Aide.

"Aaahh, the preparation of the engagement party, the issue among the slave traders, dark guilds, and black market, and now we are preparing litigation?!"

Dion cried out couldn't maintain his frustration, litigation in the Imperial Court enacted the whole Azure nobles as the judges in the election of the solution, and the verdict won't be accepted by the law if the attendance of the nobles at the Court is lower than half of the total members, 2nd or 3rd and many times litigation of the same issue would be repeated until it is statutory valid.

In short, it was so much a hassle.

"Your Highness, could you imagine how much of work to prepare and invite those oh so high-esteemed nobles?"

Tears flew out of Dion's desperate face. Since the lawsuit between nobles rarely occurs, this is the first time Rex is handling this kind of issue in his life, though, Law is a principal lesson for the next Emperor and he mastered it perfectly, still, the reality is more tiring than the theory.

"Your Highness, I beg you, Please... Please... with all my life at stake I beg you to monitor that fiancee of yours, it's only been a week since her arrival at the capital yet she already filled this working chamber with endless paperwork, I... I... I just can't take it anymore"

Sob!

Sob!

Sob!

Dion is whining while holding Rex's right leg kneeling, wiping his tears and snot off his tired face as he could barely sleep this week thanks to a certain troublemaker.

Sigh...

Compare to the classic type of The damsel in distress, Grizel is definitely The damsel who brings distress.