Chapter: 41

"L-last night, when I was at the crescent moon guild spying on them as your order, 3 people suddenly barged into the bar and..."

Nine reported with a stuttering voice seems to be scared of what happened last night.

"And...?"

The anxious Prince has a bad hunch about it because he knows of a certain troublemaker who was sneaking out of the mansion last night.

"T-the terrifying little girl who seems to be the leader killed the receptionist and... She..."

Nine is trembling in terror recalling that nightmare while Rex's narrowed eyes met with Grizel's uninterested ones, whom he believed to be the culprit of the incident at the dark guild.

Indifferent as always, Grizel just shrugged off her shoulders nonchalantly eating cookies served by Dion for her.

However, Dion flinched when he realizes the situation by looking at the 2 Devil's strange interactions with each other.

'Is she the culprit? Oh, God! At this rate, I should ask for an increase in my wage to heal my mental damage every time these 2 causing trouble for me to clean'

He peeked at the Butler who stood still behind the little troublemaker, making sure if he was aware of his Lady's doing, but unfortunately, the smirk on Levi's face has confirmed everything.

'So this Butler is her partner in crime'

He facepalms, but before he finished his silent complaint, Dion was struck by another hit.

"She...she eats the guild master"

Said the pale young spy in his early twenties reporting to the Prince.

"What?!!"

Shocked by the abrupt report, Rex unconsciously raised his voice then look at the little girl who ate the guild master with a look as if saying, what the heck are you doing this time?

"Ah, I am not talking about cannibalism, Your Highness, precisely, the guild master was absorbed alive into her hand and I don't know what kind of power that is"

Because Grizel saying vicious things like 'thank you for the food' after absorbed the guild master and acquired his blessing, Nine's traumatic event seems to has exaggerated a little in his mind.

"How about the other members of the guild?"

"62 people choose to stay and work for her, 4 decided to leave including me, and the rest of the members who weren't aware of the situation are still unknown"

Even with a chaotic mind, this spy at least managed to count the number of people who choose to stay in the guild, he continued to report the main issue after he left the building.

"Out of 4 people who choose to leave the guild, I am the only one who can clearly remember what happened last night, the 3 spies who left with me falling into a deep slumber the moment we stepped out of the mysterious barrier and when they awake their memories seems to be twisted"

"Ha! Sounds like a familiar pattern"

Rex quipped to the nonchalant culprit.

"Pardon?"

The Imperial shadow guard was surprised by the Prince's remarks who seems to know the culprit.

"Never mind that, continue your report"

"Ah yes, I stayed not far from the guild to observe their next movement but..."

He gulped before continuing his report.