Chapter: 62

A young man walks with a huge grin on his face, today he is going to meet the representative of Fortuna Merchant Guild as the Manager of the Goldway Merchant to talk about the business agreement regarding the raw materials supply of the hottest topic of the day that spread like a wildfire, the revolutionary magic pendant for a long-distance communication tool.

This thing will trigger a new era of magic tools.

Everyone who knows business will start to predict how much of impact on the Azure economic growth caused by this change, they are trying hard to build a business relation to Fortuna, but unfortunately, that chance was already given to the Goldway Merchant.

However, it was not the reason behind this young man's joyous atmosphere, today he has another plan behind his master's back, Baron Goldway, and he will surely carry out the plan once he met with Fortuna's representative.

Knock! Knock!

He knocked on the door to his master's office while tidying up his already-neat collar as the Baron's voice was heard from the inside.

"Come in"

The young manager comes in replacing his grin with his professional smile of a perfectionist manager, his black hair was combed in a formal style, but behind his clear light brown eyes, there lies a big ambition of his, big enough to make the Baron wary of him.

"Oh my most talented Manager, come here and let's have a tea before you meet Fortuna's representative"

Baron Goldway warmly welcomed the young man who will soon be in his twenties and personally brewing the tea for him, the greedy pig's fake kindness was too obvious that without fail makes the manager feel disgusted inwardly but still keeping his demeanor.

"Thank you, Master. I will never forget all of the generosity you have shown to me"

The manager answered back with a smile that no less fake compare to his master, both of them are like snakes full of poisonous words and malicious intent coiled on each other's neck.

"Hahaha, what are you talking about? You are like a son to me..."

Baron Goldway stopped his words as he put a cup of tea on the table in front of his good-looking manager, he simply despises this young man's talent in business that far surpasses his.

All of this manager's grand achievements to double, no, triple the development of the Goldway merchant guild in these 4 years he worked for him, gradually makes him wary of his ambitious eyes.

If only the Baron could enslave the talented young man, he would have done it a long time ago, but making him a slave is no different than burying his talent which has been the source of the Goldway's fortune these years.

However, everything will be alright as long as this young man is under his watch, this manager shall either work for him or die for him.

If the Baron can not have this man's talent, it means no one can, its best to kill this young man first if he started to rebel against him before he turned into a threat to his business.

Flop!

The baron sit on the couch in front of him and smiled like a proud father before he continues to speak.

"Yes, I have raised you well"

The body of the young man stiffened as he heard Baron Goldway's remarks, he inwardly frowned upon the Baron's words of raising him, when all the Baron did was trapping him and monopolize his talent to fill his own greed.

However, this young man is no different, in terms of greed, he...

'You are nothing but my stepping stone'