Chapter: 64

The young manager widened his eyes in disbelief, his body is slightly trembling, this expression is way better than the spy who is carrying his unconscious friend, his jaw dropped widely as his eyes bulged out can not believe what he is witnessing.

The guest observed his surroundings, just a moment ago he was in a shabby shack at the slum when the Butler asked him to step into the ominous gate-like black hole, he encouraged himself inwardly as he chooses to believe in this strange Butler and get closer to the gate.

When his hand touched the black gate, his body was sucked entirely into it and now here he is standing with his shocked face after adjusting to the sudden bright sunlight.

"Beach?"

He mumbled as he watches the sea in front of him, but that is not the reason as to why he is trembling, it wasn't the beach, but everything besides that beach fact is what surprised him.

"The Northeast Beach in the Forest of Demise, but rest assured, my barrier protects us all"

The Butler added, there are more than a thousand people within the barrier, busily doing their own thing and seem to not care about their arrival, but outside of it, a ton of monsters are swarming around.

Clank!
Clank!
Clank!

The manager could see people are working on a huge black object shaped like a cigar, he has no idea of what is that strange massive thing before he heard the Butler chuckled and explains it to him.

"It's called submarine, to simply put, a magic ship that operated underwater"

This enormous thing is another invention that was hidden from the world, just like the manager's conjecture before, they are hiding something bigger than the pendant, and there's a high chance that it was not the only one.

His grin can't be suppressed by the thought of being part of this secret organization, this will be a perfect place for him to settle down and climb the highest ambition of his along with the soaring Tartarus, his future may have no bounds with them.

"I-impossible"

The spy barged in, he finally managed to overcome his surprise, this is big news, who would have thought that a very dangerous secret organization is roaming around the Empire freely while making such inventions.

"Seems like I've been overly generous today"

Levi said as he snapped his fingers, a small soundproof barrier covered the head of the spy, his voice won't be heard anymore and he can not hear anything from the outside of the small barrier either, even though it was unnecessary since everything he heard would be erased from his memory later, but Levi still does it anyway as the spy is being a nuisance.

The young manager can see the spy's frustrated face, he seems like screaming to the top of his lungs yet no one can hear it, then suddenly.

Bang!
Bang!
Bang!

The loud sounds make him looked at the other side, several men line up and formed a row while holding the long stick-like black things, and Levi who acted as a tour guide for him tried to make everything clear for this future member of Tartarus.

"That stick-like black thing is called Magic Rifle, it's a long-distance weapon that shoots a compressed mana bullet with the range of speed varies from 2400 up to 4800 mph, in other words, it an unstoppable magic weapon"

"For now, this weapon can only be used by the awakeners who excel in mana control, but we are doing a research project to invent a similar weapon that can be used by non-awakeners as well"