Chapter: 76

"The Fortuna Merchant will give the Cassius Family a loan with no interest and 30 years payment term"

"WHAT?!"

She declared as Emperor Drake along with his son and his attendant Dion replied in unison, the amount of money is not small and she lends them for free with no interest, moreover, 30 years payment term should be enough to loosen their neck of money problems in this generation, Grizel is not this charitable, and there's no reason for her to help them either.

This is suspicious, extremely suspicious.

"Arent you being too generous?"

Emperor Drake couldn't hide his curiosity but Grizel just smiled calmly, as a businessman, if she can't have what she wants through money, there are still various ways to get it, the port is indeed valuable and it's a shame to lose a chance to get a share of its ownership as part of her property, but the real value of that port is not how magnificent the building is, instead, the trading route gathered in that place.

"I am not being generous, I have a condition"

"Ooh?"

Drake raised his eyebrows patiently waiting for her reason to give the Cassius Family such a big favor.

"I want the exclusive rights for doing business in the Southern Region and a perpetual contract of tax exemption for Fortuna Merchant and its affiliated branches merchants"

The whole room is getting quiet in an instant, only Rex and Mammon change their expressions right away, they seem to get a grasp of her plan as Rex looks at her in amusement while Mammon is being in awe of his new Lord, the Crown Prince who possesses high intelligence and the former manager who is a professional in the business field, as expected their level of comprehension is on a different level.

'Generous my ass, she is as greedy as ever'

The two of them who grasped the situation sneered inwardly, generous is a nonexistent word in her life, Emperor Drake said it because he doesn't know what she truly is and what kind of fearsome plan she has in mind.

A right for doing business in the Southern region, it's pretty common since each merchant needs permission to do business in Cassius's territory, but an exclusive right is rarely found among the merchant because having this contract means that the merchant couldn't be banned unilaterally by the territory's Lord.

Moreover, a perpetual contract is one that does not have an expiration date which means the contract will last forever, and in exchange for Grizel's generosity giving the Cassius family a huge favor, Grizel demands a Tax exemption, it is the right to exclude all income from taxation by the states governments and in this case, is the territory's Lord.

In short, Fortuna Merchant and the affiliated branches merchants will be free for doing business in the Southern region without paying tax to the Dukedom.

But this contract is tricky.

Right now, in the eyes of the world, Fortuna Merchant can be considered as a newcomer to the business field, even though the identity of the owner is protected by the Imperial Family, and they seem to have some privileges, the Empire won't go as far as meddling in their business and going against the other big merchants.

Especially the Goldway Merchant who monopolize the trades in Azure, one wrong move and it will end up as economic warfare, because of the Rebellion, Azure get weakened in the military aspect, the Empire will avoid the confrontation with the merchants at all costs to maintain the economic power, protecting the identity of the owner of Fortuna Merchant is as far as the Empire could go in exchange for their magic tools invention.