Chapter: 20

"My Lord, what was that flashy escape?"

Lucy asked Grizel when they have successfully fled from the crowd.

Grizel, Lucy, and Leviathan are standing next to the wall still in the slums. Grizel could see the people of the Imperial shadow who stationed at the slums are searching for them.

The 3 of them covered by Grizel's illusion pretending to be regular bystanders, the magic circle, and the flashy way of escape earlier was all Grizel's illusion to trick them, she has not enough mana to use the ancient Magic circle for teleportation since the beginning.

"It's necessary"

"A necessary public scam?"

"..."

"Master?"

Lucy asked innocently but her words sound nothing but annoyance.

Sigh...

"Well, yeah. Though the one I was aiming for is His Highness the Imperial Crown Prince not far from the crowds"

"Huh? What is His Highness doing here?"

This time Leviathan was the one who asked Grizel, while Lucy also hoping for an answer.

"Inspection, as I told you before, this kidnapping issue is not a simple matter, Levi"

"But, My Lord. What is this matter have to do with the flashy escape?"

Lucy back to her first question, she couldn't comprehend the situation yet.

"You know that your former Master's true identity is one of the traitors against the Imperial family, right?"

Lucy nodded while Leviathan, or now, Levi is listening carefully.

"Neither one of the traitor's faction nor the Imperial family can move freely, both parties are still lacking on something"

Grizel continues to explain the situation.

"The traitors are still lacked power, while the Imperial family lack of information"

According to the novel, the Von Belial family was punished with public execution, along with that puny bullying committed by Grizel, the possibility of them being framed as the traitor and accused as the one behind the syndicate of the slave traders is high.

Lucy has listed all the traitor's names along with the evidence of their crimes for Grizel, it was helpful because the novel didn't reveal the true villains, she was shocked because their crimes are beyond saving, and fatal.

These traitors couldn't move hastily because all of them have a big name and are watched by many eyes. Unfortunately, they also have a huge influence on this empire, if their conspiracy against the Belial family succeeded and the empire take over the Belial territory, they could make a petition using their influence by suggesting one of their people as the new lord of the Belial land, with this they would have enough power to rival the Imperial family.

'What a petty scheme'

Grizel sneered inwardly just like Rex mocking the nobles, this empire is strong on the surface yet mess on the inside.

Grizel glanced towards her 2 subordinates and start to speak again.

"Then, what if there is a sudden appearance of the third party who considered as powerful and hold the information of the traitor's movement?"

"If I were the Prince, I'll bring them over my side at all cost"

Grizel smiled towards Levi who just stated his opinion.