Chapter: 58

"Your Majesty, please reconsider it, this heirloom is the symbol of Authority, we don't know what the future holds for us"

Judas barged in to protest against the ridiculous gift if Rex and Grizel formed a soul contract with the heirloom, their plan to make Lily the Empress will be in vain, even if they managed to kill Grizel, the ring will accept no more Empress for Rex until he dies, it will be a different story if Rex has a sibling, they could simply kill both Rex and Grizel and make his sibling the new Emperor for Lily instead.

But he is the only Prince in this Empire, and even if the love charm succeeds on him now, Lily's status won't be any higher than a mere concubine, she won't have any power nor authority except for the bed warmer for Rex.

This is bad news for their plan.

He couldn't let it happen, following Judas, all the traitors and the few members of their faction begged along with him, for those nobles who were unaware of Judas' betrayal, they think he only refused because Grizel is a member of the Belial family as usual.

"I can't use these rings anymore since my wife passed away, what is wrong with giving the heirloom to the future Emperor and Empress beforehand? it's only a matter of time"

Drake replied calmly, these heirloom rings should be bestowed upon the rulers of Azure when the Coronation ceremony is being held as the symbol of authority, as Rex is the only Prince, no one opposes his inheritance of the heirloom, but not for Grizel, there are a lot of nobles who aim for the Crown Princess position, especially the traitors who had carefully planned everything for years.

"The moment I announced Miss Belilal as the fiance of the Crown Prince, she had officially become the inheritor of my late wife, the Empress"

The firm answer of the Emperor makes them realized, he won't change his mind whatever they say.

Hearing his father's stubbornness, Rex smiled. He had expected this kind of rejection when he asked for his father's permission to present the heirloom for Grizel, contrary to his absurd demand, his father easily agreed to Rex's suggestion of giving the heirloom to Grizel and believe in him.

Rex also expected the same rejection from Grizel in case she knew about the curse, that's why he didn't tell her in advance and intentionally announce it during the party where Grizel could not easily refuse, yet she accepted it without complaint, it's kind of suspicious but there's a chance that her desire to the Empress' seat is bigger than he thought.

Nonetheless, now they will become one through the cursed heirloom.

"This curse is ours to bear as we belong to each other..."

"...Do whatever you want or go wherever you need to go, but our hearts remain as one as our past and future entwined, I love you... My Grizel"

Rex whispered sweetly as he leans to her, there's a hint of passionate and possessive love burning in his alluring low voice.

But...

"Pfft, Rex..."

"This curse is yours alone, not ours"

Grizel let out a chuckle and a warning after hearing his confession.

It's not a surprising matter as she wasn't that dense to fail in recognizing Rex's attachment to her, it obvious that Rex likes her.

But, then what?

It's not like his love is crucial for her, that fact alone won't change anything since Grizel is the type of person who believes in physical things like this heirloom as a symbol of authority compared to the absurd and immeasurable things like love.