Chapter: 55

"I'm sorry..."

Rex said with a remorseful expression right after they arrived at the rest parlor exclusively for the Imperial family members.

Grizel furrowed her eyebrows hearing the sudden apology as she is still in his arms carried like a Princess even after he dismissed all of the servants, they don't need to act anymore yet Rex seems like having no intention to let her go from his tight hold as if afraid of losing her.

"What are you sorry for?"

She stretches out her right hand to touch Rex's apologetic face.

"I..."

Rex bits his lower lip hesitates to confess his sin, but he wishes nothing but to be a faithful and helpful partner for his loved one, and he doesn't want to live in guilt.

"I can't get rid of that Goldway daughter out of my mind"

Unaware of his situation for being charmed by Lily and temporarily purified by Grizel, he has a mixed feeling between disgust and interest towards Lily, it's complicated, but regardless of what he thought of her, one thing for sure, he couldn't erase her presence in his head entirely.

"Aaahh! That's normal"

Grizel replied nonchalantly as she jumped out of the confused Prince's arms walking towards the spacious couch, then continues to speak while sitting on it leisurely.

"Rather, it will be more suspicious if you didn't fall for her"

Rex's body stiffened hearing Grizel's casual answer as if it only natural for him to be a two-timer, he approached Grizel and stands in front of her with a frowning face.

"Did you expect me to be an unfaithful partner?"

"No, I know you are smarter than that"

Grizel said firmly as if not a single bit doubting Rex's devotion, seeing the serious face stating her trust toward him, his expression softened as he asked her reason for being so confident of his disloyalty.

"Then why?"

"I never question your loyalty to me, the problem is your opponent..."

Grizel sighed helplessly before revealing the reason why he was suddenly attracted to Lily.

"...She possessed a love charm and the strongest one at that"

"WHAT??!!"

Rex shouted in surprise, having a love charm is already a punishable deed yet Lily was bold enough to use it to the Crown Prince at the Imperial Palace in the presence of all nobles, he couldn't distinguish the difference between her courage and stupidity.

"But, Imperial family members have magic item to prevent those kinds of tricks"

Since love charms are perfect tools to gain what was desired, it's only natural for people in power to take the precautions like preparing amulets against those types of magic.

"Stone of Aphrodite"

Rex startled by the unexpected fact in shock, blessing gained from the Stone of God is on another level compared to mere magic, amulet won't stand a chance against it, it's not because blessings are invincible, but the use of its didn't require mana means it can not be detected or be dispelled, moreover, it left no evidence, meaning that they can't carelessly accuse Lily.

But the most terrifying fact is that blessing can be possessed by anyone regardless of their strength, age, talent, awakener or not, there is no specific qualification to own such a dangerous skill, anyone can be the unexpected enemy, and this time, it's a weak little girl.