Chapter: 28

Grizel took out 3 envelopes from the black ring on her pinky, though the design of her ring is strange none of them are asking why because the variety of the storage rings are common for the upper-class nobles.

"I have 3 envelopes here, this thin envelope is the list of their crimes, this thick one is the collective evidence, and this last one is their names along with their backer and the spies"

Rex and Dion gulped in silence, these 3 envelopes are the information they tried to get but failed in these past years. Even the Imperial shadow couldn't track them, the information of the traitors that related to the rebels in the Western empire.

"To prove my good intention, I will give you this envelope free of charge"

Grizel handed the thin one out of three envelopes, the list of their crimes.

"How do we know this list is not fabricated?"

Rex asked in anticipation, a list of crimes can be easily fabricated without evidence.

"If you agree with my condition and sign a contract with me, I will hand over this list of evidence for you to authenticate yourself"

"What kind of contract?"

The prince just asked her calmly because a cool head is the most basic requirement for negotiations.

"You should open my gift first then asked me once again, Your Highness"

Rex furrows his eyebrows but still opens the envelope and reads the list.

"..."

The silence sold filled the air while he is reading the list.

"It can't be..."

The hands which hold the papers shake as his eyes widen, Rex handed over the papers to Dion as if couldn't find anything to say he let out a heavy sigh and lean back to his chair looking at the roof of the gazebo.

"Your Highness, I believe this decision is not the matter within the range of your authority, these crimes are... too serious"

Dion who is standing behind him clenched his fist as he looked at the very first crime in the list.

The assassination of the Empress.

What people know is the Empress was passed away due to an illness. But the Imperial family didn't reveal the name of the illness to the masses in the name of privacy.

But in truth is even the Imperial head physician and the head priest couldn't name the disease until the last breath of the Empress, it remains as an unknown illness.

Sigh...

"I know, Dion"

Rex said bitterly, he switched from Dion to Grizel then added.

"Miss Belial, I deeply apologies for my immaturity earlier I was too impulsive asking for your condition and contract when I have no authority"

"It's alright your Highness, I still need you to convey my conditions to the Emperor"

Grizel said calmly as she sipping her tea which started to get cold.

"Haha, aren't you heartless Miss Belial?"

Rex smiles meaningfully towards Grizel.

"Pardon?"

"You are purposely using the assassination of the Empress as the bait to lure me and my father, aren't you?"

And before Grizel has the time to answer, Rex continues to say his assumption.

"2 years ago, you disappeared soon after revealing the appearance of the third party, isn't that your way to increase the value of the information in your possession?"