Chapter: 12

Sob!

Sob!

"Emma, please wake up"

Grizel gently caressing Emma's wounded body with tears in her eyes, her child's voice sounds desperate this time.

"Urgh.."

Emma let out a painful groan, she opened her eyes slowly and see that she is surrounded by the other servants and the crying little Miss next to her bed.

"Miss, she is awake"

A relieved voice of the head maid makes the crying girl abruptly throw her body to Emma.

"Emma, I'm sorry, because of me, you..you..."

Sob!

Sob!

Grizel is in her drama queen mode, she is sobbing and looked like feeling deeply guilty, ever since Emma is still unconscious she is crying nonstop next to her while blaming her self over and over again.

The scene of the little girl blaming herself and crying for a mere maid is touching all the servants of the mansion, they are here to convince Grizel that Emma is okay, but Grizel didn't budge and keep holding Emma's hands.

'She was the target of the assassination yet still worry about a mere commoner maid, our Miss is truly an angel, we have to protect her!'

Everyone is thinking about the same thing, they won't let anything like this happen ever again, their burning spirit looks like warriors that will go to the battlefield to protect their home.

"How about the assassin? Is she...Ouch-"

Emma gets up suddenly, trying to get information about the assassin she needs to dispose of, her master's order is to kill the assassin regardless of the assassination result, the assassin was doomed to die from the beginning.

She looks at her body, it didn't have a serious wound but the pain is hurting her badly.

"Please don't move around yet, your body is injured"

Grizel looks very concerned about her while smirking inwardly, it because she gave the maid a high dose of monster poison, it incredibly increases the pain accumulated within her body, in the surface, Emma will look okay with several light injuries but on the inside, she is feeling shattered, this poison will last for at least a month.

'Grace your pain in silence, Emma'

Grizel smirked inwardly, she has never been a merciful woman and would generously return her enemy's good deeds a thousand times better.

Unfortunately, in order to gain the favor and pity of the people, Emma needs to act tough, if she looks like a crybaby and whines over those light injuries, they would think she is seeking attention and praises of her heroic deeds, hence, she has no other choice but to keep silent.

Emma seemingly already understands her current situation because she has a visibly forced smile on her face. Still, it's better than Lucy who didn't plan to let her go with her limbs intact and saying that humans won't die even after losing 1 or 2 limbs, what a sadist.

"The assassin's whereabouts are still unknown but with that kind of deep injury, the possibility of her being alive is low, the knights are doing their best searching for the body"

Phew...

Emma heaved a sigh of relief, Grizel knows that Emma wasn't relieved because the assassin who tried to kill Grizel is dead, but it's a relief of her mission to kill that assassin was succeed.

"I'm sorry, my request for a priest was denied by the Archduke because they said you're not badly injured, at least I can ask for the chefs to give you balanced meals to help you recuperate"

Grizel said with her divine smile, she holds Emma's hand gently before saying goodbye to give Emma a good rest.

While closing the door she can hear the maids in Emma's room worship and praising the kindhearted Grizel one after another as if she was a holy being.

Grizel walks towards her room in her usual graceful demeanor, each servant she met along the way greet and bows to her in deep respect while she gives them sweet smiles, they can not help but look at her in awe.

It's normal for a child around her age to have trauma after an encounter with such a dreadful event, but Grizel stays strong and even worrying about her maid more than herself, the servants thought that she is a true noble among nobles.

Grizel heard that the Archduke is in rage, not because his only daughter was almost assassinated, but the fact that the mansion's guard is loose, and it could be his turn to be the target next time, he ordered his special knight force to search for the assassin and increase the guards around the mansion especially around his chamber.

That day the information about the assassination spread like a wildfire, the spies are doing a good job to inform the situation in the mansion to their masters.

A lot of eyes are watching this family, this is what Grizel expected when she let those spies leaking the information, with the increased of guards and the eyes from the others, no fools will dare to take action for the time being.

Perfect time to focus on powering up and train Lucy to be more... Normal.

-•-

"Father, is it true?"

A young boy read a report from the spies his father planted in Von Belial Archdukedom mansion, he almost let a chuckle when he read the paper.

"Yes, it's rare to see that guy praising someone like that"

The Emperor is referring to the guy who acts as the spy in the Von Belial family, he was known as an observant machine, he never writes a report based on his emotions, his report always blunt and just the way it was, nothing but facts.

But this time, he praised the Miss of Von Belial family, he didn't say an exaggerated word but for someone who knows him over decades, this is a rare thing for that person to say something about his feeling, Emperor Drake seems pleased with the report.

[She is a worthy person to gain my respect]

Is what he said in the last part of the report, it seems simple and nothing special because this is just a mere statement that he respects Miss Belial, however, even someone like the Emperor is hard to gain his appreciation, not to mention a little girl.

"Rex, Is this way you choose her as your Crown Princess candidate?"

The Emperor asked his only son, they already talked about this matter and agreed to choose Grizel as his fiance, but decided to wait for more years before announcing the decree because Grizel is still too young.

"Well..."

The Imperial Crown Prince, Rex, is just murmured while caressing the report paper.

'interesting'

He thought inwardly, curious about how she will be in the future when they meet.

To be continued...