Chapter: 2

Von Belial Archdukedom is the household deemed to be equivalent to the Imperial Family, they have the largest territory located in the Eastern region of the empire.

Originally, the Von Belial Archdukedom was a prosperous kingdom next to the empire. At that time the empire successfully leads the invasion towards the Northern, Western and Southern regions to unite the Azure continent, and in preparation for taking the largest territory of the continent, the Eastern region, Belial Kingdom.

At the same time, the King of Belial Kingdom, Matthias Edwin Von Belial didn't wish to put his people in war, of course, it wasn't due to his cowardice or whatsoever.

In truth, more than half of the Belial Kingdom is the den of dangerous monsters called the Forest of Demise, having a war with the empire in the west while keeping guard of the monsters in the east at the same time is like dancing with death.

Forest of Demise is widely known as a double-edged treasure land, it could be the source of calamity, yet might be the land of fortune as well. It all depends on how they manage this deadly treasury.

It's because the monster's bodies possess mana stones, a valuable item used as energy core in magic items, and the price of mana stones in 1-time hunting by the subjugation squad can cover the whole Imperial yearly expenses, Belial kingdom was called the most prosperous land for that reason.

To avoid the casualties, Matthias proposes a win-win contract to the empire, that the Belial Kingdom willingly become a part of the Azure Empire with several conditions.

Belial Kingdom wishes the empire to keep out of the territorial internal affairs, and in exchange for the citizen's safety, they offered the authority of the Forest of Demise under the restrictions of no excessive and only periodical hunting allowed.

Von Belial family promised to fulfill their tasks as part of the empire aristocracy, yet they refused to bow because they offered such an advantageous contract without any casualties on the Imperial side.

The Azure Emperor was a conqueror but not a greedy person, he was known as a reliable ruler.

He accepted the contract because the conditions are reasonable, and without any sacrifice, the advantage is far bigger than he could imagine.

Lusting over the Forest of Demise is not a wise move, Belial kingdom is the keeper of this dangerous treasury for generations, they should have something hidden in their sleeve to be able to keep that hazardous land as their backyard.

And it wasn't like they could betray the empire, because their huge military is tied and more focused to protect the land and guarding the Forest of Demise, simply put, they don't have the extra manpower to rebel against the Imperial family unless they have no choice but to do so, but as long as both parties didn't break the contract, there is no reason to shed the blood.

The Emperor approved the Belial Kingdom as part of the Empire and bestowed the limited independence to the land of Belial Kingdom as Von Belial Archdukedom of the Great Azure Empire.

-•-

Grizel reads the history of Von Belial Archdukedom that wasn't mentioned in the novel because It only said about the execution of the villainess along with her whole family.

This big family now is like a secretive clan, to maintain their wealth, authorities, and the symbol of the family which are the silver-white hair and blue sapphire eyes, they married each other within the relatives.

The territory of this land is divided into several areas and ruled by those relatives called the branch family and the Archduke as the head of the main family.