Chapter: 18

"Your Highness, about today's inspection..."

"Reschedule all the inspection today, I need to check something in somewhere else"

The man in his early twenties asked the Imperial Crown Prince Rex, as his attendant, he is the one who responsible for the schedule of the extremely busy prince.

"As you wish, Your Highness. But may I ask where are we heading to?"

He needs to prepare all the necessity for the departure, knowing the destination in advance is essential.

"Slums"

Rex said casually, he needs to check something at the slums.

"Please pardon my interruption, but it's not a place for someone like you, the inspection of the slums can be done by your subordinates"

Instead of answering the objection of his trusted subordinate, Rex gave him a pile of papers to read.

"This..."

The attendant murmured in disbelief to himself while reading the reports of the suspicious activity at the slums.

"It's not something that I can simply leave to my subordinates, Dion"

The attendant, or, Dion nodded in agreement, he knows the wicked personality of Prince Rex, but the Prince is still someone who cherished his citizens, including people who live in the slums.

"But it's strange, why are those slave traders suddenly kidnapping people at the slums here in the capital city"

Dion frowned and glanced at the report in his hand.

Slavery, it's a prohibited activity under the Azure Empire jurisdiction, even though the punishment for the slave traders is public execution, there will always fools who wanted quick money from this business field, ironically, most of their costumers are nobles, as long as corrupted nobles exist in the empire, they can not get rid of the slavery to the roots, unfortunately dealing with this kind of nobles never been easy.

Up until now, slave traders doing this shady activity stealthily in remote territories to avoid the Imperial eyes, but this time they openly kidnapping people in the capital city right under the empire's nose.

"Are they perhaps challenging us?"

Dion asked his Prince, he couldn't understand the sudden bold acts of the slave traders.

"I'm not sure but based on the information collected by the Imperial shadow squad, these slave traders are affiliated with some high nobles"

Dion sometimes forgets that the prince is merely a 10 years old boy because he speaks like adults, responsibilities forced him to mature earlier than his peers at the same age.

"But the worst thing is those slaves are sold to the Western Region and the nobles affiliated with them can not be tracked"

Rex added the latest information he got this morning, the nobles this time are concealed their identity flawlessly.

Dion gasped in shock, Western region now is the headquarters of the rebellion against the Azure Empire, it means those slaves are meant to be the rebellion soldiers.

These slave traders boldly provided the manpower for the rebellion against the Azure Empire, and for the affiliated nobles, it's the same as committing treason.

"Traitors..."

Dion said in anger, the Azure empire treated the citizens fairly, that rebellion against the Imperial family is not due to the dissatisfaction with the work of the empire, but the acts of greed to rule over the power.