Chapter: 8

A young woman jumped to the top of Von Belial Mansion in stealth, tonight she was promised her freedom by following this last mission. Assassination, she has to kill a 6 years old girl, the only daughter of Von Belial Archdukedom.

She understood what kind of person her master is, a devil in human skin. His promise is nothing but a honey-coated venom, Even though he promises of freedom is true, but it was a freedom of this miserable life.

'He will certainly erase me'

The woman thought inwardly, up until now, her missions were to get rid of his business rivals like those merchants, or to silence the mere commoners who witnessed his source of dirty money and the fool peasants who tried to go against him.

But...

This one last mission is completely different, ever since he got a powerful backer, the master's ways of dealing with things are more fearless, simply harming a noble can be considered as a serious crime, let alone commit a murder.

Due to the sky-high status and the urge to maintain the dignity of their privileged bloodline, they will never tolerate any shame of being victimized by others, unless they have a heart stoic enough to withstand living in the humiliation of the upper class.

Moreover, the Von Belial family is a family of Archdukedom which second only to Royals, even if the Miss isn't favored by the Lord, it doesn't mean that they will let go of those who tarnished their name, they will carry a thorough investigation into this matter.

Sigh...

'Giving me freedom is like letting go of walking evidence and the living witness of all his crimes, he is not insane enough to generously release the slave seal puts on me'

She has a pessimistic look reflected in her ebony eyes that feels like giving up on life.

Since she awakened her power as a Rogue Class, she was sold as a slave by her parents, forced to train to be a top-notch assassin, and now feared with the nickname of Phantom.

8 years of being a slave to a noble were more than enough to comprehend the true selves of those aristocrats, the thirst over wealth and power turns the supposed to be lords of people into greedy pigs, they will do anything to lay their hands on whatever and whoever desired.

Condemning commoners of being outlaw while faultlessly concealing their own greater evil deeds, the actual existence of hypocrites.

Succeed or failed won't change the fact that this mission is her edge end of 18 years awful journey.

She was distracted by her thoughts, Recalling the memory of the life she has been through, she closed her watery eyes in despair and feels her last breeze of wind, a single droplet wets her cold cheeks, exhausted by the thing called life.

Her long raven hair flutter by the breeze, she grasped her hand tightly convincing her heart, her eyes are now full of determination, there is a thing she can do to at least save one life...

'This girl can be protected If I make it as a suicidal mission'

Suicidal mission, deliberately throwing oneself to an impossible mission or planning to go suicide during the mission.

The assassin can not flee and disobey the order due to the slave seal, yet she prepared to make a ruckus and died in the hands of the guards.

Thus, they will get wary of the second chance of assassination and be more guard up.

The thought of her bloody hands which always took someone's life will save a helpless little girl is lifting her heart's burden, now she is ready for it.

Welcoming for her end.

She went inside a spacious elegant room,

'If the information provided by the spy about the mansion structure was right, it should be the girl's room'

While looking at her surrounding, she spotted a splendid bedroom at the center of the chamber, for an unfavored child this room is fancier than her master's, it's natural for him to feel inferior to this wealthy family, she walked silently to get near the sleeping girl.

Gasp!

In a second she was astonished by the angle-like peacefully sleeping little girl, her silky silver-white hair gorgeously shining cherished by the moonlight, that enviable tiny red cherry lips and spotless bright skin.

'is she even human? her beauty wasn't something that comparable to mere mortals'

She asked inwardly, her master's daughter is the most beautiful girl she has ever seen, but after witnessing this angel in front of her, the thought of that is suddenly blown away, compared to this angel that girl now looks like a bullcrap.

With this kind of beauty, she will be the biggest threat to her master's plan, She know he was planning to betrothed his only daughter to the Crown Prince, therefore, this mission is to dispose of any possible competitor, she already expected this nasty mission is related to that betrothal matter.

Her master himself might have not seen this little angel directly, but according to the spy he has implanted into this household, the Miss is growing more and more fascinating every day, even most workers of this mansion are extremely fond of her grace and calm demeanor.

The assassin was planning to make a ruckus while pretending to attack the girl, and give the guards time to come in here, it's good if the girl is crying or screaming out loud to make more noise but the information said she was mature and rarely seen crying.

Busy with her mind, she doesn't realize that a pair of crystal blue sapphire eyes are looking deep into her, examining her behavior for a while until a sweet and melodious angelic voice from the supposed to be sleeping girl brings her conscious back.

"Is it that hard for the famous Phantom to erase a sleeping little girl?"

To be continued...