Chapter: 21

"My Lord, are we heading back tomorrow?"

Lucy asked Grizel who is caressing Levi's head, he is sleeping soundly after eating a lot since his last rotten bread 3 days ago, feeling afraid of being left behind if he sleeps in comfy, Grizel offered her hand to be held by him all night long.

It was a cute sight when an 8-year-old girl lulling a boy who is 6 years older than her, Lucy who was watching can't help but giggling at the warm atmosphere, her Lord did it even without Levi saying a word, his anxiety, and fear of being left alone again disappeared at the moment her Lord said he could sleep holding her hand, more than reassuring words or promises, her single action could calm the lonely boy.

Grizel glanced at the rough tiny hand holding her tightly as if afraid to be separated, the silver symbol just like on Lucy's hand has also appeared on Levi's, Athena once said that symbol is part of her.

'Should I make it as the emblem of our group?'

Grizel grinned inwardly lost in her train of thought ignoring Lucy who waits for her answer.

Grizel and her group are currently resting in a decent inn near the capital market area, in truth, the Von Belial family has the largest mansion in the noble residency district at the capital, unlike the majority of nobles who live lavishly at the capital and hand over their territorial duties to their vassals, Von Belial family was known for their rare visit to the capital unless summoned by the Emperor.

In the novel, Grizel moved to this large mansion after being chosen as the Crown Prince's fiancee to receive the imperial courses as the future Empress.

This time, her objective is to recruit Leviathan at the capital slums, the distance between the noble residency district and the slums is the farthest within the capital, thus, she chose a decent inn near the commoners market area which side to side with the slums.

"Huh? Yes, but tell the coachman and the knights we are taking the northern route to sightsee"

Grizel back to her consciousness after decided the things to do with the symbol.

"Is that alright? The Northern route will take more than a week compared to the straight Eastern route, My Lord"

Von Belial territory placed at the Eastern region of the empire, going straight to the east from the capital by taking the eastern route is the shortest way to return.

"Yes, I need to do something at the North"

Lucy tilted her head in confusion, rather than choosing the Southern region which is famous for its seafood and beautiful coast near the port town to sightsee, yet her lord prefers to go to the Northern region, the place full of mountains and maze of cliffs where the wind is blowing stronger than any other place.

But she is talking about her antique Lord here, a normal common sense won't apply to her taste.

"Aha!"

Lucy chirped suddenly as if managed to guess something.

"My Lord, are we going to mess with the Northern nobles treasury?"

"..."

Grizel frowned at Lucy, her eyebrows brought together upright hearing the stupid question.

"We robbed a tomb, stealing monsters and the precious high mana stones, manipulating the spies, and loot your parent's forgotten treasures, what are we going to do next at the North, My Lord?"

'What kind of existence did she think I am? Demon Lord?'

"You speak like I am a walking disaster"