Chapter: 53

"What is it, Miss Goldway?"

Grizel innocently asked, she is neither lowering herself acting like a pitiful girl to gain attention, nor behaving in arrogance.

After all, this is her first debut into society, as the old saying, the first impression is the most crucial moment to form one's image, the results will vary depending on the observer's eyes.

"Prince Rex is injured, even though you are the first candidate to be his fiancee, you shouldn't stick onto him at this kind of moment"

Lily warned Grizel with her fake tears showing how much she is worried about Rex with her cries, and purposely uses those words to emphasize the bad rumors of Grizel always clinging to the Prince.

Just like what was taught by her mother, tears are a woman's biggest weapon as some of the nobles nodded in agreement with her.

Gasped!

Grizel gasped loudly as if surprised hearing Lily's words, beneath her wide-open eyes, her trembling hands are covering her mouth.

"How could you..."

Grizel stopped a moment while facing the floor, her shoulder is shaking tremendously while clenching her fists seem to hold up her feeling.

Satisfied by Grizel's reaction, there is a hidden faint smile within Lily's fake tears, in her eyes, Grizel is boiling in anger and jealousy, it will be perfect if the infamous Belial's young Miss throws a tantrum in this kind of situation, her reputation will tumble down beyond repair.

But...

"How could you think about the candidate for the Crown Princess while His Highness is struggling with his injuries?"

Grizel's said in a sympathetic expression as if speak up for the pitiful Prince, speaking as if defending Rex from the heroine's ulterior motives.

"Huh?"

Lily is dumbfounded by the unexpected response, if the rumors are true, Grizel should be throwing a tantrum by now due to her provocation.

Moreover, she didn't say anything about the Crown Princess and only said candidate for the fiancee, but somehow her words were twisted by Grizel and now it sounds as if she was aiming for the crown.

Unlike Lily's confusion, Rex's was startled hearing Grizel's burst of worried words, he is indeed in pain, but it's not like he's going to die anytime soon, there's a sense of happiness bloom in his heart, though he knows Grizel is probably just using him as the shield to defame that Goldway girl.

Cough! Cough!

Huff!

Huff!

Being a supportive fiance he is, Rex coughed even louder and his panting breaths could be heard by the surrounding people, showing as if he is indeed suffering a lot.

"Oh my God, could you see His Highness is in pain? I can't believe you would be concerned about a petty rivalry for the crown over His Highness's condition"

Using the chance given by Rex, Grizel once again attacks the heroine by exaggerating the Prince's pain, the 2 devils joined hands putting the blame on the confused little Lily.

As Grizel turned the table, now the lovely Goldway Princess looks like a selfish ambitious girl who thinks only about the candidate of the crown Princess and doesn't empathize with the suffering Prince whatsoever.

Witnessing Lily's insolence behavior to the only daughter of the Belial family, the nobles started to mumble, they weren't under the heroine's charm anymore as they get temporarily purified by Grizel, right now they gained back their senses and attitudes as the prideful nobles.