Chapter: 27

Rex stood in the ballroom of the Belial castle watching the grace of Miss Belial giving a speech to formally welcome the guests, he finds it odd for someone who has not received any tutor to behave like her, not to mention as someone in charge of hosting an Imperial guest, she did it with a flying score.

Roze reported to Rex that the Archduke and his wife purposely make it hard for the Miss and left her alone in the castle to be the one who is responsible for the guests and wish the Prince to cancel the engagement out of disappointment.

'The Archduke seems to be more ignorant than I imagined towards this empire's political affairs, I didn't choose her randomly as my fiancee, regardless of my personal feeling, she is the best candidate to silence those greedy nobles without causing any harm to the power balance within the aristocracy'

Rex sneered inwardly at his fiancee's father, he is a good Lord to manage his territory yet couldn't grasp this simple reason.

Despite being an unfavored daughter, he could see that the workers in this mansion loved their Miss and help her wholeheartedly to give the guests their best hospitality.

Rex approached the busy Miss who is talking politely to his escort Knights, she is asking if there any discomfort from their rest earlier, the smiling knights shake their heads and thanked her in respect.

"Please eat and drink to your heart content, I prepared this all for the brave Knights of the great Azure Empire present"

The Knights surrounded her wanted to say their gratitude for the warm welcome but...

"Ahem!"

Rex coughed purposely to silence the Knights who are acting like annoying bees around a beautiful flower, he doesn't know why he could feel so irritated over this trivial matter but he didn't want to see his fiance surrounded by men, even though they are his Knights.

"May I have time to talk with my fiancee in private?"

He said smiling still using his princely image, but the Knights who felt embarrassed step back as the Prince takes Grizel's hand gently and walks to avoid the crowds.

"Is she always this kind?"

One of the Knights asked the servant of the mansion.

"Of course, she is our beautiful kind-hearted Miss"

The other servants who listen to Knight answered him abruptly.

"She is graceful and didn't hold any prejudice against commoners"

"She even cried for a servant and didn't hesitate to help us"

"Yes, she is our angel"

The discussion about the Miss started with more servants and the knights tagging along.

"Hhmm, it's quite the opposite of the rumors spread at the capital and the other territories"

One of the Knight said while the other guests are nodding in agreement.

"We know the bad rumors encircled our gentle Miss"

The servants look down in sadness, they have done everything they could to spread the truth about their angelic Miss, and considering the good name of the Belial family within the territory, at least people in this land don't believe baseless rumors about their Miss, but they couldn't do anything about the rumors outside the territory.

"Yeah, a lot of people who were swayed by the bad rumors opposed this engagement, especially nobles who have daughters around the Prince's age"

These Knights are aware of those greedy nobles who keep pestering the prince and the Emperor about the candidate for the crown Princess.