Chapter: 57

Grizel and Rex went out of the rest chamber hand in hand with the paired-look attire like the Prince and the Princess in fairytales, a stunningly beautiful couple like the living sculptures made by the hand of God.

The servants who greet them in the hallway bow down while blushing, fascinated by the warm smile of the angelic little girl and the gentle expression of the dignified Prince.

This is what happened when a couple of devils shamelessly pretend to be holy beings.

"I knew it, the Saintess is a perfect match for our kind-hearted Prince!"

One of the servants murmured, after greeting those evils in disguise.

"Saintess?"

Her friend repeated in a low voice, she was one of the servants in charge of the rest chamber, she doesn't know the drama happened in the party hall yet.

"Miss Belial almost sacrifices herself to heal His Highness who was hurt due to his mana outbreak"

One of the servants added, seems like the rumors were twisted as they thought Rex is having a mana outbreak, a rare circumstance of those who have a huge amount of mana when they lost control of it, the disturbance in mana core will cause damage to the body and ended up with internal injuries just like Rex's condition before.

Though the truth is as simple as Rex just hurting himself, this exaggerated version is not bad at all for the drama Queen since more people will admire her nonexistent heroic deed.

"Is it what you are aiming for your social standing?"

Rex asked whispering to Grizel, with the title of the Saintess, she will start to gain power and influence for herself neither because she is his fiancee nor the daughter of the highest noble, and the Temple can't do anything to harm her directly.

"Not yet, but the fire will start with a spark"

Grizel hides her smirk, even though her plan was done earlier than expected because of the ruckus made by Rex, everything is covered perfectly with her play of drama, not everyone will call her a saintess with this single good deed, and Grizel understood it perfectly as she planned to perform a bigger show where no one can deny her beautiful heart anymore, but it's not the time yet, there's a lot of preparation to be made before the appearance of the fake Messiah to the nation.

Still, thanks to Rex hurting himself, she could take advantage of the situation and inflict the image of the Saintess on herself as the beginning of her social debut.

Hearing her vague answer, the unfortunate Prince just furrowed his brow without knowing that he had been used yet again as they approached the stairs down to the hall since the rest parlor was placed upstairs, descending like a perfect couple, Rex and Grizel make everyone see the image of the future Emperor gently escorting his Empress.

"Son..."

Emperor Drake chirped beckoning his son to come to where he is, all the nobles are standing right in front of him, seemingly ready to hear an important announcement.

"Greetings, Your Majesty"

Rex and Grizel curtsied to the smiling Emperor seem like they come at the perfect time, right before the announcement.

"How do you feel, Miss Belial?"

"I am perfectly fine, thanks to Your Majesty for letting me use the rest parlor"

Grizel bows gracefully once again to show her gratitude, the young nobles couldn't help but blush as the strands of her tucked radiant silver hair behind her ear softly flopped across her reddish cheek.