Chapter: 63

Feeling suspicious, the spies jumped on the nearest rooftop to observe when suddenly the old man turned into a young one with the clothes of a high-class Butler.

'Something is off'

They thought the same thing and nodded to each other when their eyes met, they agreed to show themselves.

Swoosh...

Flop!

Like the light wind, they descend in front of the Butler and confused manager, it obvious that they are Rogue Class awakeners looking at how swift their silence movements.

"Who are you?"

One of the spies asked in a menacing tone pointing out his daggers to the Butler instead of protecting the young man, their duty given by the merciless Baron is not to protect the manager but to kill him if he intends to betray the Goldway, they are not here for his safety reasons.

"Where is the real Fortuna's man?"

It seems like they thought the Butler is a third party who abducted the real representative to interfere with the agreement between the two merchants, it's normal since no one knows that Fortuna is a part of the secret organization named Tartarus.

"Why don't you ans-"

"You ask too much"

The Butler cuts his words coldly when suddenly a huge shield appears and rushed towards the annoying spy.

Swoosh...
Bam!
Crack!

The spy got pushed by the sturdy shield before being sandwiched to the wall causing a huge crack on it.

Cough!

"Urgh..."

His cough spits quite a lot of blood because his internal organs are being smashed by that shield-like bulldozer, the painful groans that were echoed through the alley get completely silent as the spy collapse, almost dead.

"Shit, it's a blessing"

The other spy jumps backward to create a distance from the Butler, normally as an awakener, they could feel the presence of mana before magic or skill is being activated and put on a defense or dodge, but it will be on a different story if it was a blessing since a blessing didn't require any mana to be activated and is impossible to sense.

This time they let their guard down and didn't think the possibility of a blessing to appear, it's a legendary item after all, who would've thought they could witness the power of a national treasure in this narrow dark alley, it's either this Butler is extremely lucky to have it or...

A powerful existence is behind his back.

'I need to report it to Master'

He thought inwardly as he jumps upward trying to reach the roof of the nearest building and escape from the Butler, but...

Bam!

His body lightly bumps into something invisible yet so sturdy that it started to get a little hurt, he extended his hand to once again reach this invisible thing in the air to make sure what it is.

"A barrier?"

"!"

The spy jolted as he comes into realization that the Butler's blessing is not a sheer moving shield, it's a huge barrier, the Butler just changes the shape of his barrier into a shield, and the one that smashed his comrade a while ago may not be the biggest one he could make from his barrier.

'How big of the barrier he can make?'

The thought of him being caged by an invisible huge barrier makes him panic.