Chapter Eighty Eight

Arav's POV

I nearly forgot breathing when I heard from Mr. Bansal that Ankti was in labourr pain and her water broked. 

I checked my phone and there was a missed call from Sameer, shit why this bloody phone on silent mode?

I ran away from the meeting not caring about anything. I was just hoping that she was alright. What if something happened to her.

I should not have come to this stupid meeting, I should not have listen to her. Then everything would be fine, I would be with her in this situation.

God, please take care of her....

I called Ankti when I started to drive my car toeards the hospital.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard Ankti's cry from the other side of the phone, she was in so much pain, she was continuously crying from pain.

My wife was suffering from pain and here I was stuck in this stupid traffic.

I wantrd to reach her as fast as possible but this damn traffic was not taking the name of moving.

"Arav please come quickly I am scared and nervous," I heard Ankti who did not want to go to OT without me.

"I am also worried baby, I will be there in a second, trust doctors, everything will be fine, trust me Jaan, I am on my way and I will be there soon with you baby," I tried to consol her so she will not feel alone.

I sigh in relief when the traffic got clear. 

"Okay but I want you to be with me while giving birth, please come fast, I want to see you," I heard her pleading voice.

"I will be there soon baby," I promised her.
Doctor gave some instructions to Ankti and also gave same painkillers to subside her pain.

I could her cry and my heart was hurting hearing her cry, her tears was the last thing I want to see.

"Do not worry Arav I will be with her, just come fast," I heard Sana who was with her.

"Yes and I am also with her do not worry," I also heard Sameer.

"I am just there," I replied before cutting the call.

With in 10 minutes I reached the hospital, I rushed towards the OT where my wife was giving birth. My heart hurt hearing her loud painful cries.

I barged inside and saw my wife lying on the bed and crying in pain.

I run towards her side and held her hand tightly. No one stopped me as they knew that I will not stop, I wanted to be wife and so they will be safe if they will not mess with me at this time.

"Anku baby see I am here," I said caressing her head and wiping her sweat from the towel which I took from the nurse.

She was crying loudly and I was consoling her. Seeing her so much pain my heart was shattering in pieces.

Her tears was pearcing my heart.

Her cries was getting louder. Ankti was unwilling to let my hand leave as the doctors said her to push. She did so but soon it became impossible as the tiredness wash over her face. She sook her head almost giving up as the tears rolled down on her cheeks.

"Anku, forgot everything and just think about our baby," I caressed her face and mumbled sweet words to keep her going and thinking about our bundle of joy.

She took a deep breath and push again and after nearly 1 hours the cries of the baby were heard.

Anku collapsed on the bed and her eyes were half open.

"It is a Boy, congratulations Mr. And Mrs. Thakur," the doctor hold our baby and said. She cut the umbilical cord and after clamping it she handled the baby to the nurse for cleaning and evaluation.

My face lit up hearing it and I looked at Ankti who had a faint smile on her face. Her face was drenched in sweat but I did not mind and kissed her all over her face. 

"Thank you Anku, you are amazing, Thank you so much for giving me this bundle of joy," I said and pampered her with kisses on her face.

Her smile widened slightly and she raised her hand to run her fingers along his jawline.

"I love you Arav,"

"I love you too Jaan,"

Soon the nurse came and handled the baby in my arms. 

My eyes went tears when he stare down at his face. 'Our baby'

I lowered him to Ankti's level who now sitting up with nurse's help, her head was against the pillow. She cradled the baby to her chest and gave kiss on his forhead.

"He is handsome," she said.

"Indeed," I mumbled to myself and I wrapped my arms around them in gentle embrace.

'Finally I am a father'

.
.
.