Chapter Sixteen

Ankti's POV

I was so happy when Arav asked me to help him in the preparation to surprise Mom on Mother's day, It would be a lie if I said that I did not miss my Mom and dad that time but Arav's parents were also like my mom and dad and they are very nice with me and when Mom said that I am like her daughter that was the best gift of my life, I thanked Arav for marrying me and giving me such great parents. we both prepared the surprise for mom, I made a cake for her and Arav did the decoration. we also decided to prepared Mom's favorite for breakfast, lunch, and diner.

She was really happy to see the surprise and we enjoyed it a lot. Arav asked me not to go to college and I agreed as I was also exhausted with all the work and I did not have any energy to go to college and talk to my principle. He was such a headache, I really did not know what problem did he have with me. he always prioritizes the rich student which I do not like. No one knows in the college that I belong from the Mathur family, they just thought that my surname is similar to them and I never bother to correct them.

The day went well with a lot of enjoyment. Now I was feeling the luckiest girl in the world. Thank you, God, for giving me such a great family and Arav. I will do everything to protect my happiness, this time I will not let anyone snatch it from me. I promised it to myself.

The next day I woke up as usual And got ready, Today I wore peach color saree. I went to the kitchen to prepare the coffee for Arav. I went to the bedroom and placed the coffee on the coffee table and shook Arav a little to wake him up, When he woke up I handed him the coffee, He was looking at me from head to toe, when I asked him what, he said nothing so I went again to the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Mom told me that the cook will do the work but I persuade her to do it as I like cooking.

Arav came down for breakfast he wore his formal attire and looking dame handsome,

Do not look at me like this, no one charge to drool over your own husband. I did no what was happing to me, I was not like this before or say that I never gave any attention to any boy but he is my husband what could I do........Right............

We had our breakfast and headed towards the car which was already outside.

Arav asked me if I took all the things with me which I needed to which I said yes.

When we reached college I was really nervous because I knew how my principle will response to me about my leave. I did not want to take Arav with me here but he did not listen and said that he wanted to take with the principle, I hope that he will not say anything to me. at least not in front of him.

"Are you okay Ankti?" he asked me and I think he felt that I was nervous.

"Yes I am fine," I said and he nodded.

"Let's go to meet your principle," He said and we both went towards the principal office.

"Mr. Thakur what a pleasant surprise, is anything important so that you visited personally, you just need to make a call," The principle said and greeted him when we reached his office.

I was shocked by them, I mean did the principle know Arav but how, he was very polite with him which he never did to anyone apart from his favorites. Before Arav could say anything about our visit my principle cut him off..........

"Ankti what are you doing here and where were you all these days, you also did not apply for leave, you know very well that it will affect your attendance and your remarks, You are good in studies that do not mean that we will tolerate your irresponsible behavior, " He said to me with a little strict tone no he was shouting at me and I was just looking down. He always like that, always shouted at me without any reason.

I was just looking down not able to look at them, I was so embarrassed, I was thinking how will Arav react about it.

"Mr. Verma, mind your language, you are the principle how can you talk to her like that, did you asked her the reason for her absence, without knowing the reason how can you went to the conclusion" I heard Arav voice, he was shouting at the principle for his behavior.

"Mr. Thakur, you do not know her, she always wants sympathy for her poor stage," Principle said who was looking at me with disgust. I always knew that he did not like me but I never care.

Now I knew that Arav was very angry with his words and behaviors with me.

"Enough Mr. Verma, pack your things and find a new job for yourself, you are fired," He said but I held his hand and nodded my head in no.

"Please do not do that," I said in a low tone.

"Bur Sir what I did wrong?" The principle asked with his scared tone.

"How dare you talk to like this to my wife, She is Ankti Arav Thakur, do you get that, I will not tolerate any disrespectful behavior of anyone to my wife," Arav told the principle and he was very shocked with the news.

I was also shocked and happy to hear his saying my wife, I never felt this much special. No one stood for me apart from Sana. I was looking at him with a lot of admiration and respect. I came out from my thoughts with the principle's voice.

"I am really sorry Sir, please do not fire me I was not aware of it, please give me a chance Sir it will not happen again," He was pleased to Arav but he was not in the mood to give him any change.

"Arav, please do not do that, I do not want anyone to treat me special, please do not fire him, he was right, he did not know anything," I said because I did not want anyone to lose his job because of me.

"He did not know that you are my wife but he does not have any right to talk to anyone like that, It is not about you Ankti, it is about his behavior which he has towards the people and I will not tolerate this in this college," He said and then I did not say anything because he was right at his place.

"Pack your things Mr, Verma, I do not have all day to see you, I will be handed the college work until we get a suitable principle," He said and set on the seat of the principle and Mr. Verma left the office with his things.

I called his PA and said that he can not come to the office for a few days and if there is anything important just mail him.

"Ankti you go to your classes and we will go home together just come to my office once your classes will be done," he said to me but I was just looking at him with confusion and shock. I still did not know how can he fire the principle, I mean did he have that much authority. I was very confused

"What, do you want anything," He asked and I nodded my head in no and left the office in hurry.

I let out a sign in relief, I had never seen his anger, He was always gentle in the house but here he was like that he will kill the principle anytime.