Chapter 34

Valley Girls

Anna, Chuck, Nate and Blair sat in a police station uptown as they waited to hear something about what was happening with Serena. Blair paced back and forth in front of the bench as Anna sat in-between Nate and Chuck.

"Serena's been in jail for over four hours. She's already served more time than Nicole Richie and Lindsay Lohan combined." Blair spoke as she continued to pace back and forth which was really getting on Anna's nerves.

"She's a socialite mistakenly accused of stealing a bracelet, I doubt they're working her over with a phone book." Chuck assured the Waldorf girl which caused Anna to slap his shoulder.

"Don't make her worse." Anna scowled him before Blair continued to speak.

"When I called Lily she was on her way, where is she?" Blair asked looking down at her two friends and boyfriend.

"I just can't believe that she had her own daughter arrested, I mean who does that." Nate commented hoping to change the subject from Serena to Lily.

"Someone who's never been arrested." Chuck replied just before the sound of the front door could be heard opening and Lily's voice started speaking to the cop at the front desk. She looked over and noticed the three friend of her daughter staring at her and as much as Lily tried to avoid their eye contact, she failed miserably.

——————————

"So Serena's still in jail huh?" Noah wondered as he walked into his younger sister's room to find her searching through jewellery after getting off the phone with her blonde best friend

"Yep, she says she's making a statement to Lily." Anna explained as she turned in her chair to face Noah.

"You excited for prom? Dateless?" Noah said teasingly.

"Thank you Noah. I really needed you to rub my single status in my face right now, so thank you for that." Anna spoke sarcastically as her maid entered the room. "What's this?"

"For strength." Elena told the young girl as she handed her an iced tea. "Good news or bad news first?"

"Good news, always." Anna replied as she stood up in her chair.

"I have replacement." Elena said simply as she held up a dress bag in her hand and knew by the look on Anna's face she was still confused. "Makes more sense if you chose bad news first. Dry cleaners ruined it."

Anna reached forward and tried to grab the bag that should be holding her prom dress right now but Elena pulled it away before she could reach it.