Chapter 32

Southern Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

After her break from Upper East Side drama, Anna Hawthorne returned home but not alone. Every Queen needs King. Mason King that is. Looks like A managed to find a lost puppy on her trip and lead it back home.

"Anna." Chuck spoke as a limo arrived outside the van der Woodsen's building where Anna and Blair were stood to spy on Serena's new boyfriend Gabriel. "So, how's lover boy?"

"He's not my lover boy, Chuck. I just happened to run into him while in Rome and he decided to come back to the Upper East Side." Anna explained as she turned to face the Bass boy.

"So that's why you're here with Blair spying on Serena and her boyfriend?" Chuck wondered looking between the pair of brunette girls.

"We happen to be worried about our best friend." Anna told him.

"Serena said Gabriel just disappears. Poof. Well we're going to find out where he's looking to." Blair explained looking at the brown haired boy next to them.

"Shh." Anna exclaimed as grabbed the two teenagers next to her and crouched down behind the limo to avoid being seen by Gabriel.

"This feels eerily familiar." Chuck whispered causing Blair to roll her eyes at the Bass boy.

"Shut up." Anna told him. "Look. Poppy?"

The trio watched as Poppy Lifton, the socialite who had become good friends with Serena recently, exited a town car and jumped in Gabriel's arms. Blair removed her phone from her pocket and snapped a picture of the scene as proof for Serena.

They stood in silence and watched as Poppy took Gabriel's hand and dragged him into the back of the car she had just got out of before the car drove off ik by at Manhattan traffic

And when a queen discovers her best maiden is with a dragon in disguise, the only thing to do is pull up the drawbridge and trap him. Metaphorically of course.

——————————

"Mason." Anna spoke as she descended the staircase of her home and found her brother having breakfast with the friend she met in Rome. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to give you these." Mason replied as he lifted a bouquet of flowers from the chair next to him and handed them to the brunette girl.

"What's the occasion?" Anna wondered as she smelled the flowers in her hand.

"My father and I are officially on good terms after nearly 5 years and I wanna thank you for that. If you hadn't convinced me to come back to New York it never would've happened." Mason explained with a smile.