Chapter 23

Chuck in Real Life

This just in: Anna Hawthorne and Chuck Bass placing a wager on the takedown of Lonely Boy's BFF. We think we've heard this story before. And we're pretty sure it ended up with everyone dead.

Following a run in with Vanessa Abrams in the courtyard of Constance/ St. Jude's, which included a bit of black mail on the Brooklyn girl's behalf. Anna found herself convincing Chuck to help her take down Vanessa.

Once Chuck had placed a kiss on the brunette girl's cheek, he left her alone in her penthouse. But that wasn't for long.

"I need your help." Andrew Hawthorne spoke as he stepped off the elevator and into his family home where he found his daughter.

"With what exactly?" Anna questioned as she carried the two glasses that she and Chuck had previously been drinking into the kitchen.

"Serena. Bart and I have a big meeting with a potential client that is in town this week. And we definitely don't need Serena walking around looking like this." Andrew said as he placed the newspaper on the counter showing his daughter the picture of her blonde best friend in a very revealing red dress.

"Dad, it's Serena. I can't control what she does. If she wants to walk around Manhattan looking like this then just let her. She'll get bored eventually." The brunette girl reminded her father.

"Well she needs to get bored now. Talk to her Anna. This isn't good for business." The older man informed his daughter speaking in his work voice.

"Fine. I'm not making any promises but I'll try my best." Anna spoke before heading upstairs to her room.

——————————

Living life on the Upper East Side means sometimes having to make a deal with the devil himself

Living life on the Upper East Side means sometimes having to make a deal with the devil himself. And that's exactly what Anna Hawthorne did when she promised Chuck something she couldn't take back in exchange for the take down of Vanessa Abrams.

As she stood sipping her drink as she leant against the wall watching the crowd throughout the Bass housewarming party as people interact and the press asked questions.

"So. Do I get a progress report? Does Vanessa still think you're buying that beer hall?" Anna questioned as she approached Chuck Bass as he sipped on the liquid from his glass.

"I am buying it. It's a good investment." Chuck informed the brunette as he leant against the wall behind him.

"You're kidding. Our fathers would never go for some little beer place in Brooklyn, we both know that." The Hawthorne reminded Chuck about the fact that he still had to run in past the owners of Bass Industries. When she received no further answer she decided to keep talking. "Fine. Once you still crush her. We made a deal remember?"