Chapter 20

The Ex-Files

Wakey wakey, Upper East Siders. Welcome to the first day of senior year and the onset of a new social dynasty. The big question is: with Serena single and on top of the world, will Constance become the House of van der Woodsen?

"This is gonna be a long first day." Anna spoke as Blair dismissed yet another one of her potential projects. Herself and Blair were sat on the highest step in the courtyard while Nelly, Penelope and Is sat down two steps below them.

"My brother goes to Dalton. Lacrosse captain. Cute friends." A blonde freshman informed them all as she stood in the hotspot.

"Lunch. One sharp." Blair replied before the blonde left and the Waldorf girl handed over her file to Nelly.

"Last minute transfer. I thought you should be up to date." Chuck spoke as he arrived in front of the girls and handed over a folder to Anna.

"Dates will not be my problem this year." She answered as she handed over the file to Blair. "Thanks to your little performance last week, Marcus and I are better than ever."

"If you'll excuse us. We've to find Serena." Blair told Chuck as she took her bag and stood up taking Anna with her and away from the Bass boy.

——————————

Anna walked through the halls of Constance with Blair at her side and her minions following suit when their phones simultaneously beeped signalling a Gossip Girl Blast. Which just so happened to be about Dan Humphrey and some new transfer student.

"Class schedule. New girl. Now." Blair spoke as she held her hand out to Nelly waiting on the information she asked for.

Nelly looked through the folders and came across the one belonging to the new girl that Dan had been pictured with.

"What do we really know about the female version of Dan Humphrey?" Blair questioned her best friend as she filed through the folder while they continued to walk through the halls of their school on the way to gym class.

——————————

"It's for your own good, S." Blair called after Serena as she walked away.

Anna approached her friends as they ate their lunch on the steps of the school. The Met steps were under construction and that meant they were away from their usual spot on the first day of senior year.

"What's going on?" Anna questioned as she watched Serena walk away. "Who owns the bag?"

"Where did Serena go?" An unfamiliar voice asked. The brunette haired girl turned around to see the new girl stood with gelato in her hand.

"Hi. I'm Anna. You must be Amanda." Anna held out her hand to the new girl.

"Hi." She replied as the pair shook hands. Anna offered her a smile before turning to Blair.

"Serena's gonna kill you." The Hawthorne girl informed her brunette best friend.

"It's for her own good, A." Blair assured the brunette before Anna's phone rang and she took it out to answer it as she walked back to school.