Chapter 1

Pilot

Anna was awoken early the next morning by Elena, the housekeeper. Elena has been with the Hawthorne family for the whole 16 years that Anna was alive. She was a woman who used to live in El Salvador and moved to America looking for work roughly 17 years ago and from that moment she had moved in with the Hawthornes.

Elena pulled open the teenager's long heavy grey curtains allowing the bright fall sun to enter into the large bedroom. Anna has gotten very little sleep last night considering her plane didn't touch down in New York until after 12am and by the time she got home and settled it was probably about 3am before she got to sleep.

"Good morning Miss Anna. Time to get up for school." Elena spoke as she stood over Anna, who still lay in her bed with her covers over her head. She was not in the mood to go to school and see everyone again after the last couple months of freeing herself from the Upper East Side and all the drama that came with being apart of that world.

"I've changed my mind. I'm not going. Actually I think I'll just get back on the jet and see where it takes me." Anna moaned from under her covers. That soon changed as Elena pulled it off of her exposing the brunette girl to the sunlight and reality.

"Firstly, your father has taken the jet to Japan this morning. Secondly, you have to go to school and see your friends, Miss Anna. I'm sure they have all missed you very much." Elena spoke as Anna sat up in her large bed and leaned against the white velvet diamanté head board.

"Fine but if one person questions why I was away or makes up some silly reason I'll be holding you personally responsible for whatever I do to them." The Hawthorne girl spoke as she stood up and made her way to her walk in closest and retrieved her Constance Billard uniform that she had not seen in over 4 months.

Once dressed she applied a slight bit of blush to her cheeks and mascara to her eye lashes before running a comb through her long wavy brunette hair to removed any knots that may have accrued during the night.

Anna made her way down to the dining room and found a lay out of food prepared for her on the table. Elena simply smiled at the teenager as Anna realised she was all alone.

"Where's Mom?" She asked the older woman as she sat down at the dining table and picked up a spoon.

"You're mother told me she had a meeting with a buyer in SoHo. But she sends her wishes, as does Mr. Hawthorne." Elena explained as Anna ate her granola, yoghurt and fruit mix. She ate about a quarter of it before she stood up.

"I'm heading to school." Anna spoke as she took her bag from the hands of her maid and grabbed her coat as she made her way to the elevator while saying goodbye.

"Morning Miss Anna." Richard said as he opened the back door to the limo for the her outside the tall Manhattan building.

"Morning Richard. Thank you." She replied as he held the door open for her. The car pulled away and began the journey to Constance Billard and St. Judes's. As they passed the Met Anna spotted not one but two of her best friends there.

"Richard stop here please. I'll walk with my friends. Thank you." She told the man as he pulled up. Anna watched as the eyes of the students turned to her as she stepped out with her bag in hand.

Spotted: A, walking the steps of the Met as if she never left. Someone needs to tell A that a lot has changed since she's been gone.