Chapter 25

There Might Be Blood

With both Blair and Serena having tea with a friend of Dean Berube to help B's chance of getting into Yale in the fall, it left Anna to attend an art auction with her mom upstate.

Anna sat in the front row of the auction with her mother next to her as the artist spoke to the women next to her as if they were life long friends.

The brunette glanced down at her cell phone in her lap waiting to hear word for either Blair or Serena informing her of how the tea went with the Yale donors.

She was pulled away from her phone as a man stepped up to the podium and began the auction by speaking.

Anna was surprised at how quiet her mother was being during the first couple works of art that were up for grabs. Although Diana Hawthorne usually has a piece in mind that never stopped her from bidding on various other pieces of work in the process.

Next up was an unclassified piece of work which was basically a piece of art by an unknown artist that would only be revealed to the buyer once the item was sold.

"Mom why are you doing? You hate unclassified art." Anna whispered to her mother as Diana continued to bid against other potential buyers.

"Well I want this one." Diana replied as she continued to bet until the bidding reached over £25,000.

"Mom seriously. All this for a piece of work that is probably done by some street artist that would be glad of a $100." Anna couldn't understand her mother's desire need for the piece of work.

"Sold to number 265." The auctioneer pointed towards the older Hawthorne woman who sat with a satisfied smile on her face.

Anna glanced down at her phone after receiving SOS messages from Blair.

"Mom I've gotta go. We can talk about your art later." Anna spoke as she took her bag into her hand.

"Okay. Don't be late for Lily and Bart's charity event later. You father will be very angry if you aren't there." Diana replied before her daughter stood up and left.

——————————

Knowing Blair and how long her plans and problems take to solve, Anna took a quick detour home to quickly get changed for Lily and Bart's charity event before meeting her friends at a club

Anna walked inside the busy club and began to search for her friends. After coming out dry, she headed to the bar to ask the bartender if he had seen the blonde or the brunette.