Prologue

The brunette haired, brown eyed teenage girl sat in the large comfy white seat on the right side of the plane and watched out the small window as the wheels of her family's private jet hit the grounds of the lit up runway at John F. Kennedy Airport. She was finally back home where she belonged after her long summer away in Europe.

She descended down the brown steps and as her white flat Jimmy Choo's hit the concrete she realized how relieved she was to be back in New York and also how excited she was to get back on the Upper East Side after 4 months away from her friends and this whole world. It had been a relief to get away from it all but there is only so long you can keep an Upper East Sider away from their home.

She spotted her driver, Richard, standing beside the back door of the family limo smiling at the young girl he had known for the last 16 years. He was a tall, slim man with dark hair and bright blue eyes.

She took her suitcase from the middle aged man who had taken it off the plane for her before placing in on the ground and pulling up the handle bar in order to be able to wheel the suitcase.

"Thank you." She smiled at him gratefully and he nodded his head in return before she made her way towards the limo and the driver, who was more of a family friend at this stage that just a driver. "Hello Richard."

"Hello Miss Anna. Welcome back to New York." He spoke to the young girl as he placed her suitcase in the trunk of the car as Anna looked around the quiet airport and at the lights of Queens around her.

He then proceeded to open the back door for the Hawthorne girl and allowed her to get inside of the long black limo. She felt the car move a moment after Richard had gotten into the driver seat and pulled out of the airport to begin the journey home. She watched as the buildings of New York flew by and sooner than expected she arrived in Manhattan.

Richard pulled up outside her family penthouse and she stepped out after he opened the door for her and took a deep breath. She glanced around her before she walked in but she hadn't noticed the red head, Constance sophomore who snapped a picture of the Hawthorne girl stepping out of her limo in order to tip off the source of all scandal on the Upper East Side: Gossip Girl.

Richard handed her bag over to the bellboy, who was stood at the door before he turned and headed to park the car. She smiled as the man opened the door for her and allowed her to walk in. The concierge, who she recognised from before she left, sat at the desk just as before she left. It felt as though she had never been away from the UES.

"Welcome back Miss Hawthorne." He spoke as the girl walked by him on her way to the elevator.

"Thank you." She replied before stepping into the elevator. Just as the door closed her phone beeped. One thing she didn't miss about the Upper East Side life was the Gossip Girl blasts, especially when she was the topic of them. She opened her phone and read the blast. Let's just say arriving in the night would've been a lot easier and quieter if she wasn't an Upper East Sider.

Hey Upper East Siders. Looks like returns come in two today. Not only did S arrive home but she was followed by our favourite Golden Girl, Anna Hawthorne. You may have arrived in the night A, but the dark can't hide you forever. Soon the sun will rise and a new year will begin. Welcome back A, this year just got a whole lot more interesting. Xoxo.
- Gossip Girl