Chapter 4

Bad News Blair

Hey Upper East Siders, there's nothing Gossip Girl likes more than a surprise. And Blair has a two-for-one special. Her mom, Eleanor, who just returned from Paris, Anna Hawthorne and Serena van der Woodsen, lunch buddies.

Anna and Serena sat on the cream sofa in the Waldorf penthouse having a conversation with Eleanor Waldorf, who had just returned from her work in Paris, over a fabulous breakfast.

"Hey you're up." Serena spoke as she spotted Blair walking towards the two teenagers and the fashion designer.

"Hey B." Anna said when she noticed the Waldorf girl walking towards them after Serena had greeted her.

"Do we have plans?" Blair asked looking confused at the two teenagers who were sat having brunch with her mother, who she was also pretty shocked to see considering she didn't know her mother was coming home.

"Darling it is impolite to interrupt." Eleanor told Blair before blowing her a kiss. "I was just telling Serena and Anna that Bendel's is interested in carrying my line."

"Really? Oh that's fantastic. Why didn't you say something?" Blair asked her mother as she reached for a croissant from the table of food laid out in front of the four.

"I came back from Paris early to put together my look book." Blair's mother explained as Blair tore a small piece of the golden croissant from her plate. "And if they like what they see it could be the beginning of an entire collection."

"Because more people should be like you mother." Blair rhymed off as she made eye contact with her mother while moving the small piece of croissant to her mouth.

"Before you tuck into that, you might find the low fat yogurt more appealing." Eleanor Waldorf told her daughter before she could bite the pastry. Blair looked at the two girls sitting beside her who were happily eating their pastries without their mother's watchful eyes over them. Serena then placed the rest of her pastry on the table before standing up.

"I lost two pounds when you were away."
Blair informed her mother.

"And you look marvellous." The Waldorf designer told her daughter.

"Wow, these are beautiful, Ms. Waldorf." Serena spoke diverting the conversation away from Blair's weight.

"We'll they will be if they're not all squished from the travelling." Eleanor replied to the blonde teenager who was examining her designs on the large racks in the living room. Anna stood up to join her best friend to look at Eleanor's fabulous clothes.

"Really, Ms. Waldorf, I've never seen anything so beautiful." Anna said as she picked up a floral dress from one of the racks. Eleanor stood up and walked by her daughter towards the other two teens.

"Girls you have to come back later when everything is unpacked." Eleanor told the girls as she grew closer. "I would love to hear your thoughts. You both have such great personal style."

"Oh thank you. But I don't think we'll be able to." Anna informed the designer.

"Yeh. The three of us have plans." Serena finished, informing Eleanor of their plans for the day.