Chapter 21

The Serena Also Rises

When the white tents blossom in Bryant Park it can only mean one thing: Fashion Week. The time of year when any Park Ave Princess would trade her last Prada for front row seats to the best shows. And we hear the seating chart for Eleanor Waldorf's show is being made by our very own B.

"Ah, the besieged Queen." Chuck spoke as he appeared at Anna Hawthorne's side as the brunette teenage girl made her way through the grounds of Constance/ St. Judes.

"What do you want, Chuck?" Anna questioned as she continued to walk.

"To help. Both Blair and Serena have taken your throne now. And you and Blair wage a war on Serena without an ally. You need me." The bass boy informed her.

"There is no war." The brunette girl replied to Chuck. "Now that Marcus has been booted back to Brighton, I'm free to focus on my old life. Serena and Blair can battle it out for Queen all they want."

Anna and Chuck came to a stop as they spotted Blair handing out second row seats to Eleanor's fashion show to her minions. But they soon become distracted by the appearance of a certain blonde in their magazine along with socialite Poppy Lifton.

"Blair. Blair wait." Anna called after her brunette friend as she walked away from Serena and her minions.

"I'm going to enjoy watching you fail, it give me so much joy. I can't see you keeping neutral in this war for too long." Chuck informed her as they watched Blair entered the school.

"And you know what you give everyone Chuck? Misery." Anna told him as she turned away so she was now facing the Bass boy. "There's a reason you're always out here alone."

"Nate just happens to be away at his grandparents'." Chuck reminded the Hawthorne girl in front of him.

"Nate's only friends with out of habit. The only person with fewer friends than you is Dan Humphrey. But at least his dad likes him."

The minute the last words left Anna's mouth she immediately felt bad. She knew that Bart was a sensitive topic for Chuck but the words just rolled of her tongue in the heat of the moment.

"At least he's a human being with feeling." Anna spoke one last time before walking past Chuck and towards the school.

——————————

Anna smiled and posed for the paparazzi as they snapped pictures of the guests as they entered the tent to watch Eleanor Waldorf's fashion show