Chapter 19

The Dark Night

In these last hazy days of summer, a few simple tips to beat the heat. One: drink plenty of fluids. Two: stay out of the sun. Three: limit all physical activity. That is, within reason.

Anna wrapped her arms around Marcus' neck and brought him closer to her as they kissed in the kitchen of the Hawthorne residence.

"I thought Blair wanted your help for that party." Marcus spoke as they pulled apart for air and looked at each other.

"A back to school party for seniors and their parents? It can wait." Anna informed him before she placed another kiss on his lips.

"But someone could walk in. Elena or..."

"So! Didn't you see Atonement? That scene in library when they're discovered?" The brunette girl spoke as she placed soft kisses on his lips.

"No. No, Anna. That's not you." Marcus spoke to the brown haired girl in his arms.

"It's not?" She smiled sweetly back at him.

"You are a delicate little flower. Nothing like that tart Keira Knightly." Marcus informed her as he held her face in his hands.

"It's just, we've been dating for a while. I thought-."

"I feel the same way. You're very special to me. I want the moment to equal it." The Lord spoke before kissing the girl's head. "Now, the tea's getting cold."

Spotted: S and Lonely Boy locking lips like all is forgiven. Will Round Two be any different?

"I knew it." Anna spoke as she read the Gossip Girl blast her phone while she sat on the couch in her living room next to Marcus, who was reading a newspaper.

——————————

"So the flowers won't arrive till five. Did you get the order from the caterers?" Blair asked Serena who sat in the next seat to her at the Waldorf dining table, where the three best friends were planning Blair's back to school. Serena lifted the paper in front of her and handed it over to Blair.

"So, Diana's home today, are you excited that she gets to meet Marcus?" Serena asked the brunette girl sitting across from her, who was sat drinking her her orange juice.

"My mother already met him." Anna reminded the blonde girl. "But, I'm sure she'll be excited to see him again and enjoy his company like I do. He's amazing. You know he hadn't pressured me for sex once. Not once."

"Did you see what I did there, Blair?" Serena asked the Waldorf. "I expressed an interest in Anna's relationship. Look I know you know about me and Dan. Even Dorota told me she was happy for me."

"I'm happy for you." Blair said showing no sign of emotion at all.

"B, I know you don't approve of him." Serena continued on talking as Blair started to write again.

"True." The Waldorf agreed.

"And I know he's not 22nd lord of Weatchestshire, like Marcus." The blonde spoke.