Chapter 11

Brielle's POV

I went from being so excited for today to dreading thirty minutes from now. My first two patients were fabulous, the little old man was the sweetest guy and then the little girl was the cutest little thing. She's badly misshaped in her back but that doesn't stop her from wearing her brace that fixes it, and she's a breath of fresh air.

But it's thirty minutes away from Colton's appointment and I should be reading his file and preparing exercises but I just can't. All I can think about is his hard chest, beautiful eyes, and the way his lips felt on mine. But I shouldn't be, and with that thought I start grabbing exercise bands and setting up the equipment I'm going to use with him.

I program the machines for his body weight and start setting up all the weights beside the side of the benches. The benches are big enough for two or three people so he shouldn't have a problem doing his exercises. But I know how bad his arm looked just from the bruises and six weeks will not fix it, it's going to take at least twelve, if not longer. He's an asshole though, and he's going to be the hardest patient I have.

I can see him picking at me, refusing to do his exercises, refusing ice or heat treatments, everything he can do to get me angry. Thankfully, the whole entire building is basically a gym with other PT's and PTA's so I'm not the only one who's going to see him being an ass.

Before finishing what I'm doing, I get a page from the receptionist telling me she's got my badge made. Thankfully, I took a really good picture today since I actually did my hair and makeup. I walk to the front desk and get it from her, while thanking her, before going back to my office space. My first inspection of it makes me happy, I think I look good. The black pullover makes my eyes pop. I attach it to the top of my shirt making me smile, I look like a real PT now.

Not seeing any texts from anyone other than Miles wishing me a happy first day, I walk back into the therapy room and see Colton sitting on the bench. Wonderful, here we go.

I don't speak to him as he's looking down tying his shoe right handed which I know is probably difficult since he's left handed. First things first, I have to set some boundaries.

When he looks up and sees me his face sets into stone. He looks me up and down before his eyes travel to my face. Before I realize what he's doing he's on his feet walking towards me. He gets directly into my face before pushing my hair off of my shoulder and reading my badge. Shit, he knows now. But the good thing is that Bri Ava doesn't give away who I am, Brielle Kingston will though.

"Bri" he whispers reading it as I point to the consultation room. "Since it's your first day we need to set up your plan. We have a consultation and then therapy." I tell him very bluntly as I step away from his handsome face. I take his chart from my rolling cart, and make him follow me into the room. Once he's sat in one of the chairs, I turn and shut the door.

"I know this isn't the most ideal situation but, I'm your Physical Therapist for the next few weeks. This will be strictly professional and before you ask, no I didn't know when we met. Today's my first day here and I was handed patient files this morning and told that I couldn't change them because I don't have superiority here. Trust me I tried to knowing that this would be awful. That being said, my names Bri Ava and my goal is to help you pitch again." I rasp out to him before he has a chance to speak to me.

Thankfully, he still doesn't realize who I am. He just stares at me as we sit in silence, "Say something" I tell him as I read through his file trying to keep myself entertained. I know all of his medical history, I know everything wrong with him medically. From the fact about his arm muscles, to that he broke his fibula when he was seven.

"You really think this is going to work after what you did" he scoffs out crossing his thighs over each other. He's in athletic shorts, and a pullover that highlights his beautiful muscles.