Chapter 15

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

He's just sitting there, staring at me. Then he leans forwards and grabs my face softly. I don't stop him from sealing our lips together as I grab his shoulders for stability. I lean forward and move my lips with his as he grabs one side of my back in his sling and rubs down it. He picks me up next, and he sits me down into his lap with my legs hanging off the side of the desk chair as his lips never leave mine.

I don't stop him from pushing his tongue into my mouth and teasing at my bottom lip giving me the best and longest kiss I've ever experienced. It's so different when I know that I'm falling in love with the guy who's holding me into his arms.

"Bri" he whispers pulling away as he rubs my back softly. I lean my forehead onto his as I run my fingers through his scalp making him sigh, "Tell me again" he demands as I say it again, "I care about you Colton, I care about you more than a patient. I care about you like this." I whisper rubbing the side of his neck.

"I-, Bri, I'm divorced." he tells me as my world stops. "What?" I choke out as he nods.

"I'm divorced, that's why I don't trust women. I married her and it fell apart. I don't want to make a mistake like that again." he tells me as I nod softly. He's hurt, that's why, he doesn't want me. He doesn't want me, I feel my heart fall to my ass. I go to stand up as he tightens his grip on me.

"I'll try with you" he whispers to me as I grab his cheek. "What?" I ask as he nods and smiles at me. "Bri Ava, the most pessimistic woman in the world, you make me rethink being an asshole." he tells me as I smile.

"You mean that?" I ask as he nods and rubs my face. "I care about you too" he finally whispers back to me as I lean forwards and kiss him again. He runs his hands down my hips as he pushes me further into him so I'm straddling his lap. He holds the side of my face as I make-out with him as hard and as heavy as I can. 

"Will you go on a date with me Bri?" he asks pulling away as I nod. I nod instantly and rub my hands along his as his fingers interlace with mine.

"I will" I whisper back to him smiling as he pushes my hair off my shoulders. He looks down at my neck before meeting my eyes again.

"Bri, tell me you will never see him again for doing this to you" he whispers to me as I nod softly. "He was put into the ER, and there's proof of it with pictures and he lost his job at the hospital." I tell him as he rubs my face.

"Are you okay?" he asks as I nod and rub his cheek. "I'm okay" I tell him laying into his shoulder as I rub his scalp. He rubs my back softly as I cradle myself into his chest.

"Colton, how long were you married? Why didn't you tell me?" I ask while looking down his beautiful chest.

"It wasn't long, a little over a year. I just don't want that to happen to me again." he tells me while rubbing my cheek.

"Even if we don't go past a first date, I wouldn't hurt you. I care about you to much to hurt you. You're the only guy who's ever cared about me besides my family." I whisper to him as he shakes his head no and rubs my back.

"Everyone loves you Bri, you light up a room. Speaking of, we should probably do my PT before someone comes looking for us." he tells me as I smile then nod. He takes his shirt and finishes cleaning my face before putting it back on and grabbing me into his arms.

"For goodluck since I can't do it outside" he whispers to me before sealing our lips together and making me moan into his mouth. When he pulls away I'm completely dazed from his lips.

"Even better, you're speechless" he whispers making me smile as he squeezes my behind making me swat his hands as he kisses the side of my neck. He finally told me how he felt, we're on the same page now, and that makes me so happy. For the first time in a day, I'm happy.