Chapter 29

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

"You want to tell me what's going on?" My dad asks as I sit down at the table right in front of him. Colton is right beside me as we sit quietly and wait for the catering meal to come out. Presley and Keegan got the most expensive meal of lobster and steak and I'm not giving it up. I know she wanted a seafood pasta and he wanted burgers but she didn't have a say in what his parents picked for them. I think that's going to kill her eventually, the fact that his mom is so involved in everything that he does.

"Dad this is Colton." I whisper as Colton stands to shake my dads hand and my mom stares at Colton. "Bri he is totally adorable and so handsome!" She tells me smiling as she gives me a thumbs up where they can't see. Colton blushes as he introduces himself to my mom. I think it's adorable that he's embarrassed.

"It's nice to meet you sir. Bri tells me good things." He tells him as he shakes his hand and pulls away.

"Did she tell you I'm a member of the NRA?" He asks as I pull Colton to me and wrap my arm around his waist. He's not going to be intimidated by my dad, like any other guy because Colton's the only one who has ever meant this much.

"Dad, stop. He's in the NRA too." I tell him as I pull Colton to me and sit him back down. I grab his hand under the table and hold it in my lap as my dad starts.

"So what do you do besides play baseball for fun all day?" He asks as my mom slaps his arm.

"Trevor stop being an asshole." She tells him as she rolls her eyes. I think he's really trying to intimidate Colton. But Colton's strong, and he's not going to give up or into this little façade.

"I'm actually lucky enough to have fun playing baseball everyday and get payed to do it. I rather enjoy having a job for five hours a day, so I can spend three hours with your daughter at PT three times a week." He tells him as I grab his thigh pinching him. Colton pops my hand under the table as I kick his foot making him reach down and grab my thigh in his hand.

"Really? Brielle?" My dad asks me as I nod softly. "We're not telling anyone so my jobs not in jeopardy. We just didn't want to keep our relationship a secret from our families anymore." I talk to him softly.

"Families? Bri have you met his family?" He asks as I shake my head no. "She's going to when we get back to Georgia. And I want her to meet my son." He tells my dad as his mouth drops. Way to rip off the bandage.

"Son? He's got a son now?" He asks as I nod. I look over at my mom as she places her hands on my dads calming him down. "He's got a son named Bentley from his first marriage. It didn't work out and now he's got full custody." I tell him as he sighs.

"My ex-wife was crazy and took everything from me but Bentley, and I've spent all of my life basically raising him." He tells my dad.

"Colton how old are you?" He asks him. "I'm 32, I'll be 33 in three weeks." He tells him as I rubs his arm.

"Brielle's 26, Bri that is almost seven years." He tells me as I nod. "I know but age doesn't matter and Colton acts like he's my age but just more mature. I have never dated a guy older than me and Colton's different." I tell him while looking over at Colton as he smiles at me.

"Do you love him?" He asks looking at me. "No bullshit Brielle I don't care if he's sitting here. Be honest with me can you see a future with him? Is this that serious?" He asks as he looks over at me and then looks at Colton.

"Can we talk please?" I ask standing up as I grab his arm and take him with me before he can protest and leave my mom and Colton sitting there.

He walks behind me as we take a stroll down the beach and stop. Then not two words are spoke to me as he looks at the water. "Dad what is your problem with Colton? He's never done anything to hurt me or you." I tell him as I cross my arms. Thankfully, I slipped my shoes off and have them sitting on my chair for dinner because I can't walk in those things on the beach, it wasn't my finest moment.