Chapter 20

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

I'm tired, so so tired. I know I'm at the hospital because I can hear the beeping of the heart monitor beside me. I feel the IV inside of my good arm, and the beds odd. The pillows not exactly comfortable but it's definitely a hospital. It smells like a hospital.

Blinking my eyes open, I sigh as I finally catch my breath. When I look around my heart soars, sitting right beside me, holding my hand into his, is the guy that I'm falling in love with. He looks so handsome while he sleeps, he really is the full package. I rub my fingers over his as he sleeps in the chair. His head is tilted back towards me, and his hand is laying on my bed under mine. It's like we gravitated towards each other when we slept because his head is towards me, mine is towards him, and our hands are holding together as tightly as they can.

I look over at my IV moving my head and then I look over at my arm. It's completely wrapped up, and I look like a mummy. It's not hurting anymore though, so I just pray it heels quickly. I grab my hospital gown and lift the side of it as I see my body completely naked, and a huge patch is on my stomach. I'm just glad my neck was pretty heeled up, only my hurt arm still had bruises which I know are going away, but now they might be there for a while.

Leaning back I hear a knock at the door as I look up. Aunt Tayson, I knew she would be here working. "Hi sweetheart" she tells me as she walks over to me and hugs me into her chest. She kisses my head as she rubs my back and I hug her with my free hand, only I can't really move my arm.

"How do you feel?" She asks pulling away as she sits beside me. "Never better" I tell her as she rolls her eyes. She looks over at Colton and then our hands as she looks back up at me.

"Does your dad know?" She asks while looking at him. I shake my head no as she sighs and then grabs her head in her hand.

"Brielle that man ran you in here. He told us that he was your fiancé which I know is bullshit. But honey he plays with Keegan so don't think I don't know he's a baseball player." She tells me as I sit still.

"Why does it matter? I care about him and he cares about me. Aunt Tay I'm falling in love with him. But he doesn't even know who I am, I haven't told him yet because I just wanted him to date me for me. Not my last name and he makes me feel so special and I care about him. I know that I didn't believe Presley then, but now that I'm with Colton, I know what she means about not caring for approval. I want to be with him and I don't care if you, my dad, or my mom, don't support me because I know I'm falling in love with him. It's stupid to hate him because he's a baseball player, if he played football nobody would care. But all I think about is that baseball is safer, and that he doesn't practice twenty four seven and I get to see him when I want to, unlike football. Unlike my dad." I tell her as I sit still. I really do feel that way. Football took my dad and brothers away, and I never want my son to play football.

I want a relationship with them, and I don't think that football will ever be apart of that. I only was a cheerleader and went to UGA so I could see Brock play, and then see my dad come and watch Brock play. Even though I feel like the fucked up kid and the one that they didn't want.

"Bri-" she goes to start as I stop her, "No, you don't get it because you don't love one. He's the reason I'm okay." I demand as she nods.

"I support Presley. I always have, her dads the reason she won't talk to me. Not me, so yes Brielle, I understand." She tells me while rubbing my hand.

"He told me what happened to you." She whispers while rubbing my hand. "He was crying Bri." She demands as I look over at Colton and smile. He really does love me, I don't know if he didn't mean it but I know he loves me.