Chapter 28

*I know we're not a hundred percent accurate but roll with it! The mainland has waterfalls not the individual islands but it's just to make the storyline!*

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

It's the waterfall. He keeps walking as I see it and he instantly brightens his whole mood as he looks at it. He wanted to see it, and I'm glad he did. But I can't be happy with him or for him when I'm not okay with what's going on between us.

"Let me down." I demand as he keeps his tight grip. I take his hands and peel them off of me as I move my legs and make him put me down. His hands stay on my hips as he lets me stand in front of him and look at the waterfall.

"It's so beautiful." I whisper looking up to the top of it as I see the big tree canopies over the top of the water. The waterfall itself is the brightest and most clearest blue I have ever seen and I absolutely love it.

"It looks pretty good huh? I figured you'd want to see it." He tells me as I nod softly and then I turn around.

"Thank you." I tell him very bluntly walking back into the woods towards the beach as he follows me.

"Bri we haven't even talked and we need to." He tells me as I keep walking and ignore him.

"Bri stop and fucking listen to me. You said your piece and now it is time for mine." He demands as I turn and scoff.

"Our best friends are at their wedding reception and you're doing this now?!" I scold at him as he nods. He's so complicated and I don't understand him at all.

"Bri I haven't been completely honest with you about something." He tells me as he walks up to me. He opens his arms and wraps them around my waist as he reaches his hand up to hold my cheek.

"Give me a chance to." He tells me rubbing my cheek as he looks down at me. "Five minutes" I whisper back as he nods. He looks behind him and finds a big rock before sitting down and pointing to the spot next to him as I sit covering my bottom so my dress doesn't get wet. The rocks are pretty wet from the waterfall itself.

"I haven't lied, I've just been keeping a secret." He tells me while reaching into his pocket. I see his eyes drop down to his phone before he looks up at me and he looks so bad. Pale, sick, and not okay.

"What's going on?" I ask grabbing his face as I rub his forehead and try to calm him down.

"You don't know how hard this is." He tells me as I nod and rub his shoulder and cheek.

"I know I don't but tell me what's going on." I whisper to him as he looks down. He kisses the side of my palm before leaning towards me. "I've got to do this one last time." He tells me pulling my head towards me and kissing the life out of my lips as I kiss him back softly. One last time? What does he mean?

As much as I don't like him, I still care about him. I love him, and I always will, no matter what happens. I kiss him back softly as he rubs his hands down to my cheek and then my hip. His palms rest on my hip as he pulls away and kisses my jaw softly as I rub his scalp. I feel butterflies dance in my belly when he kisses my neck softly and tells me, "God I love you Bri." as I hold his scalp under my hands.

"I-, I fuck." He whispers to me as I reach to hold his hand and tell him, "I'm here and I won't judge you. What do you mean one last time?" I whisper to him softly as he looks down at his calloused hands. The soil on the ground below us is even beautiful here, everything is clean and well kept, unlike the littering on the roads in Georgia.