Chapter 14

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

My dad stays true to his word. So at eight o'clock at night I'm sitting in the county jail center holding my mom's checkbook. He did what he said he would do, Weston was thrown across a coffee table and has fractured seven ribs and a broke arm. But he apparently also is married now and has a baby on the way. Miles, Miles is in the ER for a concussion, has a sprained ankle, and is currently suspended from working at the hospital since proof was shown of what he did to me. Along with the cameras from the hallway outside my office that heard him talking to me as he walked out and told me I better not talk about what happened.

So now, I'm writing a check for $5,000 to get him out. My moms an emotional wreck and she can't even walk much less write a check. I'm holding the check steady for the woman behind the counter to take it when she scans it and then the doors open. When I finally see my dad, his knuckles are bloody, and he's got blood smeared across the front of his shirt.

"Daddy" I whisper wiping away my tears as I walk up to him and hug his chest. He rubs my back before I feel him smell my hair and tell me everything's okay.

"No it's not. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault and I just cost you $5,000" I whisper hugging him as he rubs my back and pulls away. "Listen to me baby, that's what a dad's supposed to do. I guarantee that this won't bother you anymore. Not even Miles okay?" He asks while wiping the tears from my face. He's only this calm because he put him in the ER.

"I'm sorry" I whisper into his ear as I break down on his hard chest.

"Brielle look at me" he demands as I look up at him. He grabs both sides of my face wiping my tears as he kisses the top of my forehead.

"Baby, I'm not mad at you. People suck, and you don't deserve what has happened to you. You're fucked up fathers the reason it happened." he whispers to me as I shake my head no.

"Now where's your mom, she's probably sick she's so worried." He tells me as I point to the door and the car sitting outside. He pulls away from me as he walks to the door and I follow behind him. When he sees my car he opens the passengers side door to get to my mom as she sobs into his chest.

"Don't you ever do that again Trevor. Ever." She demands hugging him as he kisses the side of her head telling her that he loves her. She rubs his shoulders as he picks her up and takes her to the backseat as he sits down and holds her into his chest. I get into the drivers seat as we pull off and the whole ride back to the house is quiet. I look behind me not before to long and my moms passed out clutching onto my dad as hard as she can.

"Brielle tell me everything. I want to know everything." He demands as I stare at the dark road in front of me.

Then the word vomit flows out. I tell him everything that I told my mom about except for the fact that Colton plays baseball.

"While we went to celebrate our anniversary, you went to a party?" He asks as I nod. "I know it was wrong but I really liked him and I thought he liked me too, and then everything else happened." I demand.

"Did you talk to your mom?" He asks as I nod. I apologized and we talked it out and I told her how much I loved her and how sorry I was. I didn't mean to hurt her and I did. I was just so angry and I regret what I said. I think she knows that because she's my best friend of all time.

"I did, I was just mad." I whisper as silence falls in between us. For five minutes it's quiet before I start, "I'm sorry." I whisper wiping my face as I pull onto the road I blew my tire on.

"I know this situation has been a lot. I'll start looking for places to rent tonight and I'll be out by next week." I demand wiping my face as I drive into the garage and park the car.