Chapter 19

**(Edited)**

Brielle's POV

"How have you been man?" Colton asks walking up to the front door as he sees Grant. I stand behind him waving my arms to get Grant's attention as I zip my mouth shut and mouth to him, "DO NOT SAY MY NAME!!"

"Hey man! It's good to see you. How many years has it been?" Grant asks as I sigh in relief. Eliza looks at me sympathetically before she looks over at Colton as I hold the backside of his arm softly.

"Too many, at least fourteen." He tells him as they shake hands. I know Grant played with him on the baseball team for a year and they were friends but this is just so awkward.

"Small world huh?" He asks as Colton looks down to me beside his arm and pulls me into his side wrapping his arm around my waist softly.

"I hope you didn't mind me following Bri here to make sure she got back alright." He tells him as I stand into his side. They might not know that I'm dating him, but we aren't hiding it either.

"No problem. Eliza and her have been close for years." He tells him back before Eliza stands quietly. The air is silent before Colton leans down and kisses my forehead.

"I'll call you tomorrow morning." He tells me as I nod. He kisses my cheek before I hug him and he rubs my back. He pulls away fully and rubs my hands in his before releasing them and walking off to his truck. I sigh in relief when he pulls out of the driveway.

"You are totally dating Colton fucking Livingston. Brielle your father is going to kill you when he finds out! Tell me what is going on right now!" Eliza demands pulling me into the house and locking the door.

"But not right here, the girls are asleep. Meet me in the guest bedroom and I'll bring you some clothes." She demands walking away to the master as I'm left with Grant.

"Don't look at me like that." I demand as he stares at me and then looks at me like that again. "Grant!" I demand as he crosses his arms.

"Brielle, you're twenty six not fifteen. You're sneaking around with a thirty two year old baseball player that I fucking went to high school with." He demands as I nod.

"I know, I know it sounds kind of bad but he cares about me and I really like him. Nothing my dad says is going to make me break up with him. And don't you dare tell anyone that I'm dating him. I couldn't go to my house because he'd know who I was!" I demand as he shakes his head.

"That makes no fucking sense." He tells me as I sigh.

"Grant he's the one." I whisper softly. "He's not just the one, he's the guy that saved me all those years ago from being abused that I know Eliza has told you about. He was the one who saved me and he doesn't even recognize me. I have changed so much in my looks that he really just knows me as Bri and nothing else. Grant he's perfect." I demand as he walks up to me and hugs me into his chest fatherly, he's like a giant young dad at heart. He rubs my back softly before pulling away and hearing, "DADDY!" Being yelled from the top of the stairs.

"That would be Lacey, Bri I don't care if you date him, he's a good guy. Really he is, and I know he is. But you have to tell him because he's in love with you." He tells me as he walks up the stairs like what I said didn't even bother him. He's not in love with me, he's not. That's impossible, Grant is dead wrong.

I walk away and to the guest bedroom before slipping off my shoes and walking to the bathroom. I'm about to wash my face when I see Eliza walk in and shut the door. She hands me a stack of pajamas as she sits down on the toilets closed lid. "Spill" she demands.

So I spill, I tell her everything that has happened these crazy last few days and I even tell her about Miles. She ends up knowing everything.

I've seen her naked plenty of times, and she's seen me the same way so while I'm talking to her I strip and get into the glass shower. I talk to her from the open side door. When I'm done showering is when I finish my whole story. So I quickly dress in the pajamas she's given me to sleep in before sitting on the sink and brushing my teeth with the new brush she gave me.