013. OMNES UNA MANET NOX

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
one night is awaiting us all

    TOM NORMALLY STAYED AT HOGWARTS OVER EASTER BREAK since he didn't have a family to celebrate Easter with and he hated returning to Wool's Orphanage in London

    TOM NORMALLY STAYED AT HOGWARTS OVER EASTER BREAK since he didn't have a family to celebrate Easter with and he hated returning to Wool's Orphanage in London. He didn't know what to expect when he waited with Rhea and Pluto for their Aunt and Uncle to arrive at the station. 

Pluto had peppered Rhea with questions she refused to answer when he learned that Tom Riddle was coming home with her. The rest of the family had, naturally, asked her all sorts of questions, wondering why she was bringing a boy home so unexpectedly. Rhea never brought a guy home — not even Silas Parkinson — because she knew no one could measure up to her family's high expectations. Pluto was dating Avida Carrow and, still, they gave him hell for not aiming higher. Now, here she was bringing home Tom Riddle the half-blood.

"I have to tell them that you're the heir of Slytherin." Rhea whispered to Tom while they waited for Cato and Pavlina. The pair broke away from Pluto, who was too busy speaking quietly to Avida Carrow to even notice them. "If I don't and they find out you're a half-blood — which they will because they're going to ask who your family is — then we will hear about it for the rest of the week."

"I've been around families like yours before. I've met the Malfoys." Tom said, watching as Abraxas and his parents walked past them. Malfoy Manor was far on the opposite side of Wiltshire from where Hel House was and Rhea was glad that she rarely saw the Malfoy's walking around Wiltshire. "I know how to act."

"If you go in with that mindset, this whole thing will explode in our faces." Rhea said. Tom looked down on her, an eyebrow raised. Her telling him how to behave instead of making comments that annoyed him was very out of character for her. He wondered if it was possible that she was nervous for him to meet her family. "The Hel's and the Malfoy's are two completely separate family's. You can charm the Malfoy's with your words, but the only thing that charms my family is power and status. You being a half-blood puts you at a disadvantage, but you're the heir of Slytherin and related to the Gaunts who, luckily for you, my family has a long history with. If we tell them that, they won't try and kill you, or me for that matter."

"Stop saying I'm a half-blood." Tom snapped at her. Rhea rolled her eyes.

"It's what you are, but I digress. Stand up straight." Rhea placed her hand on Tom's back and straightened him up, looking at him with an annoyed expression. 

"Remove your hand before I hex you." Tom said calmly. Rhea took her hand off of his back and examined him. She smoothed her hair down and looked forward to find Cato and Pavlina making their way towards Tom, Pluto, and Rhea.

Rhea let out a slow breath before making a pleasant expression appear on her face as her Aunt and Uncle drew closer to her.

"Rhea, would you care to introduce us to your friend?" Cato asked. He didn't waste time with pleasantries or exchanging greetings. The expression on his face told her he wanted answers and he wanted them now.