007. SCIENTIA POTENTIA EST

CHAPTER SEVEN
knowledge is power

      ON CHRISTMAS NIGHT, RHEA AND HER BROTHER LEFT THE COMFORT OF WILTSHIRE TO ATTEND THE ROSIER'S CHRISTMAS PARTY

ON CHRISTMAS NIGHT, RHEA AND HER BROTHER LEFT THE COMFORT OF WILTSHIRE TO ATTEND THE ROSIER'S CHRISTMAS PARTY. Christmas at the Hel House had gone as smoothly as it normally did, for Rhea at least. Her father showered her with gifts and jewelry while Pluto sulked in the corner, his thoughts on their mother.

But they approached Rosier Manor with smiles on their faces. Rhea was the picture of perfection. Rialta had made sure to take extra care when styling her golden curls and she placed a blush colored rose in her hair that matched the color of Rhea's gloves. Her hand was wrapped around Pluto's elbow as they walked up to the white structure of Rosier Manor.

The lights from the party flooded out into the street and Rhea could feel herself getting back into her character as she and her brother climbed the steps.

"State your name." The golden gate said, unfurling to reveal the face of Jasper and Druella's father, Caligula Rosier.

"Rhea and Pluto Hel." Rhea said. The gate retreated back into itself and swung open.

The duo continued on as snowflakes fell from the sky and landed on their clothes. Rhea had always loved the bitter chill of winter. Winter in Wiltshire was always white and full of snow. On the night the twins had been born, Wiltshire had seen a snowstorm worse than they had in years and unlike anything they'd ever experienced since. When Rhea was little, her father would tell her that the storm had been because of her and ever since then Rhea had loved snow.

They stepped into the warmth of Rosier Manor, decorated with a large marble bust of Caligula on one of the tables. Servants helped the twins out of their coats and Rhea twisted the family ring that sat on her finger around as she scanned the area.

"Rhea!" Seraphina Yaxley squealed when she caught sight of the girl standing in the doorway. Pluto excused himself when he saw Avida while Seraphina wrapped her arms around Rhea. "How was your Christmas?"

"Wonderful. And yours?" Rhea asked as Seraphine guided her through the house. Rhea could make out Persephone, Druella, Walburga, and Davina standing up against the wall in their fancy gowns while their families mingled with one another.

"Perfect." Seraphina sighed dreamily. She turned to Rhea with an excited look on her face when they found the other girls. "My family spent Christmas with the Malfoys. I think my parents are trying to push me together with Abraxas."

"Really?" Rhea raised an eyebrow at that. She wondered how Abraxas would feel about that. It was well known around the school that Abraxas enjoyed his freedom and Rhea couldn't imagine he'd be too thrilled at the prospect of marrying Seraphina Yaxley.