016. AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
i shall either find a way or make one

  TOM FOUND HIMSELF TOLERATING RHEA'S PRESENCE MORE AS THE WEEK DRIFTED ON

TOM FOUND HIMSELF TOLERATING RHEA'S PRESENCE MORE AS THE WEEK DRIFTED ON. Her extended family returned to their homes the Friday before they were to leave for the Rosier's Easter celebration and the house was notably more quiet without the three children roaming about. He had been so busy trying to come up with a name for himself that he hadn't seen much of Rhea. To his knowledge, her aunt and stepmother were busy trying to find the perfect dress for her to wear to the party, meaning she spent most of her time at the dressmaker's. He found the whole situation amusing, but after being at Hogwarts for five years he was used to people from families like Rhea's worrying about dresses and appearances.

When the day came for them to go to the party via Portkey, Tom stood at the foot of the stairs wearing another outfit that Pluto loaned him while Rhea descended in a white dress decorated with blue flowers on it. On one of her shoulders was a bow while the other was left bare, revealing the smooth surface of her skin. She had white gloves covering her fingers and her blonde hair was sleek and soft in a chignon. Tom found his gaze traveling up and down her figure as she stepped down onto the first floor. She met his stare and there was a small smirk playing on her mouth from the attention.

"Oh, Rhea, you look lovely." Pavlina cooed at the girl. Rhea smiled demurely at the compliment as her aunt pressed kisses on her cheeks. "You four are going to have a ball."

"I hope so because this robe is a little tight." Pluto grumbled, tugging at his collar.

"Make our family proud." Cato said.

"Always." Rhea responded. She turned to Tom and took his wrist in her hand, pulling him outside to the back garden.

"Where are we going?" He asked, feeling it was no use to struggle against Rhea's grip.

"To get our Portkey. Have you ever traveled by Portkey before?" Rhea asked Tom.

"No." He said. She stopped by a stone bench in the garden and looked down at the shovel.

"Well, this is going to be rather unpleasant. Grab on."

Rhea and Tom reached down for the shovel at the same time and wrapped their arms around it. Rhea felt the familiar sensation of a pulling behind her navel and they went into the darkness. Rhea's feet landed harshly on the ground and she stumbled to the side while Tom fell over, looking paler than usual.

"Everything all right there, Riddle?" She asked, amused.

"Shut up." He grumbled before straightening.

Rhea looked to her right and saw Rialta and Pluto appear. She turned to the large, golden gates of Rosier Manor. The house was white with large columns and much bigger than Hel House was. Rhea peaked around the side of the house and could make out the figures of all sorts of people walking around.