006. SOLVITUR AMBULADO

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙄𝙓
it is solved by walking

       RHEA COULD LIVE AND DIE HAPPILY IN WILTSHIRE

       RHEA COULD LIVE AND DIE HAPPILY IN WILTSHIRE. It was the one home she had ever known surrounded by the only people she had ever — and probably would ever — love. The white flurries of snow stuck to the ground and landed in her hair as she walked through the town. She pulled her fur trimmed dress tighter to her body when the chill of the cold December air touched her skin before stepping inside the bakery.

Warmth flooded her senses and the smell of baked goods wafted up to her nose. She had certainly missed Stubbin's Bakery during her time at Hogwarts. Stubbin's was one of many shops that had been affected by the Muggle war. There were no more white loaves and the only type of bread that had been able to be sold for the past year was the National Loaf. Rhea thought the bread was horrid; it was too coarse and dry, but she always found herself stopping by the bakery whenever she was in Wiltshire.

"Rhea," Old man Stubbins said when he caught sight of her. A kind smile formed on his old face as he hobbled around on his cane. In the years she had known him, Rhea found that the old Muggle man had injured himself during another Muggle war that occurred before Rhea was born. "I see you're back from that fancy little boarding school of yours."

A small smile turned the corner of Rhea's lips up at that.

"I can't stay for too long. I'm expected back soon. I only came to get a few of your buns. Oh, and your famous rhubarb and apple jam." Rhea said. Stubbins grunted and went to get her items. 

Rhea's eyes drifted to the pictures on the wall of Mr. Stubbins family. His wife, who passed away a decade ago, was on all of the walls in still photographs that captured her with him, or her with their children. Rhea's eyes turned to the two boys in some of the photographs. Her heart beat faster than it had in a long time as she stared into the face of young Eddie Stubbins, Mr. Stubbins youngest son, who had passed away two years ago.

"Here ya go." Mr. Stubbins said, handing her her items after she paid him.

"Thank you." Rhea said weakly. She took the basket and took one last look over at the picture. Mr. Stubbins noticed where she was looking.

"My boys, Eddie and Andrew." Mr. Stubbins said glumly. He looked at Rhea with eyes that held more sadness than Rhea could ever imagine. She had only felt that grief-stricken once in her whole life and she vowed to never feel that way again. "Eddie died a few years ago in an accident. His old treehouse in the woods caught fire."

"That's horrible." Rhea said. She put as much sympathy in her tone that she could muster but she felt the chilling numbness overtake her.