033. MORTIFER

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
bringer of death

      TOM STARED AT RHEA, WONDERING IF SHE'D GONE MAD

      TOM STARED AT RHEA, WONDERING IF SHE'D GONE MAD. Most wizards didn't believe it was possible to truly bring something back to life and Tom had never heard of any instances where it happened successfully. Tom imagined that only the strongest, most advanced wizards would  have a chance at bringing something back to life and as much as they both boasted, he didn't believe he nor Rhea were strong enough to perform a spell that powerful. Rhea, on the other hand, kept a calm facade as though she hadn't suggested that they do the impossible. She stared at Tom, awaiting his response, but he continued to stare at her like she had grown two heads.

"Don't look at me like that. Listen," Rhea huffed, surprised Tom wasn't jumping at the chance to show off his skills and learn more about Dark Magic. "The spell works best during a full moon, so even though I might be cursed and you're completely inexperienced, this is our one shot this month and it will help me see what you're capable of."

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Tom asked, sounding irritated. Rhea rolled her eyes.

"Pluto and I used to try it when we were younger, but it never really worked. We thought it would because the spell requires a lot of power and twins, especially, have some sort of connection through their magic —"

"Rhea," Tom pinched the bridge of his nose before she could continue explaining herself to him. "You were supposed to be teaching me dark magic —"

"I am. I'll guide you through it. I really think it'll work if you help me —"

"No." Tom said firmly. 

"No?" She asked incredulously, her brows raised high.

"I can think of a hundred ways this could go wrong —"

"Tom," Rhea let out a sigh. "How do you expect to conquer the world with dark magic — or whatever it is you intend to do — without performing dark magic? Just try the spell with me. I need your help."

Tom's jaw tensed as he stared at Rhea, half expecting her to grimace when she admitted that she needed his help. But, to his surprise, she didn't. She looked at him with a calm expression, awaiting his answer (Although Tom had a feeling she knew what he was going to say, given the way the corners of her mouth would twitch every so often)

"Fine."

A grin stretched across Rhea's face. She grabbed onto her robe and dipped her hand into the secret pocket she normally kept her wand in. She searched around until she latched onto something small and pulled out a tiny, velvet coin purse. Rhea opened it and shoved her arm deep inside while Tom watched her curiously until her fingers latched onto the spine of The Black Book and she set it on the ground beside them.